Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Cubby Drawer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5038.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
I got both of mine today and they fit perfect. Thanks norm!

Hi Norm,
I've been traveling but arrived home today to 2 cubby drawers. I love them!! Very well made, fits tight and flush with the X and S panels, and the best part.........our American flag embossed in the back with your Made By signature. ;) Honestly, one of the best after markets I've purchased. Thank you very much @norm .

Reactions: Dog lover 1
Hi Norm,
I've been traveling but arrived home today to 2 cubby drawers. I love them!! Very well made, fits tight and flush with the X and S panels, and the best part.........our American flag embossed in the back with your Made By signature. ;) Honestly, one of the best after markets I've purchased. Thank you very much @norm .
thanks I am very happy you like them

Reactions: NikeWings
Hopefully the following makes sense:

Measurements at the top:...............7 7/8th"
........................................... 6 1/2"................6 3/8"
........................................................ 8 3/4"

Measurements at the bottom:...........7 7/8th"
.............................................5 1/4"................5"
.........................................................8 3/4"

I would guess the side measurements are reversed to the LHD car measurement.

I tried my best with the measurements, but I would go with your tried and trusted ones, just adapted for RHD.

I definitely would be interested in getting one made up if at all possible.

Please let me know how to go about things.

are the current options for drawer knob the Tesla logo and the Model S plate? Hard to keep track of all the changes.

I would love to see something that looks like the silver open piece on the center console:
upload_2017-4-14_16-14-24.png

it would need a deeper indent to support the pull action but I think it would look classy and OEM that way.

are the current options for drawer knob the Tesla logo and the Model S plate? Hard to keep track of all the changes.

I would love to see something that looks like the silver open piece on the center console:
View attachment 222867

it would need a deeper indent to support the pull action but I think it would look classy and OEM that way.
All I have at this time is the 2 handles. These are made by hand and are difficult to build, I have made some without handles and buyers added their own ??

Norm

Guys, this is classy and in a custom way - anyone can buy stock OEM. SvC was crazy for this - loved it but not as much as I do. Thank you again Norm. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1164.JPG
    IMG_1164.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: Dog lover 1
How is this any different than EVannex's cubby drawer which people don't care for? Not cool to be thread crapping since you are a vendor. For that kind of money, I'd rather spend it on Carina's original cubby drawer rather than EVannex or yours.

I can't speak to Norm's cubby as I don't own one but I believe EVannex is just made from injection molded plastic so you get an overall cheap feeling and sound. Both Norm and Carina's are wrapped in leather but norm has a acrylic core vs carina's cardboard core.

I'll admit that Carina does look pretty good as I prefer her simple pull-tag, but a couple issues:
- Carina already stopped orders and won't take any new ones until August
- Judging by the pictures, Norm's seems to fit the dimensions slightly better
- made in the USA

let's keep this thread on topic for norm's drawers. I was just answering the question comparing norms/carina's and your drawers. It's not inaccurate to say that evannex/rpmtesla's drawers are made of bare plastic. Agree with you that plastic core is better than Carina's paper, but it's not like these things are sitting in a rainstorm and will fall apart.

So for $150:
I can get rpmtesla/evannex's plastic body, leather/vinyl face, metal handle, bumper stop(? not sure about this, couldn't tell as evannex's original one didn't have it)
or <$100:
I can get norm's acrylic core, full leather wrap, metal handle.

You're right, we do get what we pay for. And my opinion is that norm's is a fair price for a solid product and the evannex/rpmtesla ones are overpriced.

Reactions: Knightowl and ABC2D
Attacking a user who is contributing to the community and making lots of other members happy with his hard work will not win you any favors @RPMTesla. This was a friendly discussion about the options we have on the market and it is not good form to hijack his thread to advertise your overpriced product.

We know the evannex/rpmtesla drawer exists and we want something better quality for a better price. Norm's drawer provides that and you should strive to produce an even better product for a comparable price -- and keep it in your own thread.