Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Dallas Service Center, Near Love Field

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. The address is 6500 Cedar Springs, near the entrance to Love Field.
  2. It was a furniture store before.
  3. There is another tenant in there at the back, but they still have a HUGE amount of space!
  4. The opening should be in February.
  5. There will NOT be Super Chargers in the front (like Houston) because they only put them on highways. The ones they will have will be internal only for the shop to use. Houston Service Center picture:
    HoustonService.jpg

Dallas pics:
    DallasServiceCenter.jpg

DallasServiceCenterStreet1.jpg

DallasServiceCenterStreet2.jpg

Great post. Good find!

Man do they need more room. I pulled in a couple of weeks ago, every single parking space was full and then there was an Old Dominion 18-wheeler backed into the parking lot unloading stuff. I had to squeeze by him and just block one of the garage stalls long ways just to get in.

This looks like it will be very nice with plenty of parking and space. Way to go Tesla.

I went by today to try and take pictures. I can't reveal the source of info. I was going to look in the windows to get backup pictures for you guys. There were many cars there and I didn't want to intrude. I drove around the building looking for the tenant in the back, which appears to be gone. All signage on the building is removed, and when I returned, I think the agent was trying to flag me down. Stay tuned...

I had to drop a friend off at Love field yesterday and had to check out the location. I don't mean to sound negative, but I will :). This is really is not a great spot for a service center - I hope Tesla is getting a great deal on the building with a lot of space.

Traffic is heavy and the roads are a mess. You can't drive half a block without stop lights, semis, or construction. Any test drives out of the location would be sub-optimal unfortunately.

Now that 635 is done the old place doesn't look to bad even though they are well and truly in too small of a building.

Tesla, I thought, was known for thinking ahead, but if this is the direction for the future service center, I really have to wonder who is doing the thinking.

Just one owner's opinion...

Reactions: nuevodesi
I had to drop a friend off at Love field yesterday and had to check out the location. I don't mean to sound negative, but I will :). This is really is not a great spot for a service center - I hope Tesla is getting a great deal on the building with a lot of space.

Traffic is heavy and the roads are a mess. You can't drive half a block without stop lights, semis, or construction. Any test drives out of the location would be sub-optimal unfortunately.

Now that 635 is done the old place doesn't look to bad even though they are well and truly in too small of a building.

Tesla, I thought, was known for thinking ahead, but if this is the direction for the future service center, I really have to wonder who is doing the thinking.

Just one owner's opinion...

Again, as of a few weeks ago, this spot was not carved in stone, if one can believe the sales consultants.

We need bigger service center with more technicians.

I hope Tesla hears this and helps existing Tesla staff cater to more customers in a timely manner.

I believe Jimy the current service manager will agree with me.

I'd rather have more locations than bigger locations. In the Model 3 timeframe the DFW metro area probably ought to have at least 4 Service Centers. We could use one now in northeast Tarrant county (Southlake/Grapevine/Keller area) and possibly Collin county (Plano/Frisco).

If they'd collect mine and leave me a nearly new loaner every time, I don't think I'd care where the local service center was.

The valet service is great, I've used it several times. But a while back I read that they now have a 10 mile limit for valet. Does the Dallas SC enforce such a limit or are they more flexible? I'm over 10 miles from love field. :(

The valet service is great, I've used it several times. But a while back I read that they now have a 10 mile limit for valet. Does the Dallas SC enforce such a limit or are they more flexible? I'm over 10 miles from love field. :(

Just had my first service call for a few delivery issues, and Jack came out to do the work at my house. Fortunately, he lives nearby, so he's going to drop off a loaner when they take my car in to get the windshield replaced, so I guess the rule is "10 miles from the SC or anyone who works there and is cool" ;)

Just had my first service call for a few delivery issues, and Jack came out to do the work at my house. Fortunately, he lives nearby, so he's going to drop off a loaner when they take my car in to get the windshield replaced, so I guess the rule is "10 miles from the SC or anyone who works there and is cool" ;)

I might be ok then. One of the techs lives just a couple miles from me.

If you look where the Premium Auto Dealers are in Dallas (up and down Lemmon), they are ALL within a mile or so of that location.

Let's see, there are Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley (and others), Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Cadillac, Infinity, and about five or six other manufacturers' sales and service locations (Chevy, Honda, Subaru, Fiat, VW, Mini Cooper...).
And I am sure I have not included them all...
Just go to their front door and kick it in...

This location is on the edge of the Park Cities (very affluent up-scale market-place).
You can get there via I-35 and from the Tollway, and it is not too far from downtown (less than 6 miles).
I would hazard to guess that a lot of people drive their car to work, and this location is more convenient to those people who work Downtown/Uptown, especially if the car is being valet picked-up and dropped off.
This is a Great Centralized location for Service.

At this location TM suddenly has access to additional trained Service People who might be looking for for other opportunities to advance their careers, maybe with a slight shift to their current skill sets toward EV.
More cars (sales) and deliveries requires more trained and certified technicians.
The current Farmers Branch location is out of room/space, they have been leasing space from an adjacent warehouse to store their cars prior to delivery and make ready.
They will deliver over 70 vehicles the last half of this month, and those are deliveries, not service.
Where would the Loaner/Service cars continue to be parked?

Along those same lines, ease of deliveries.
Most of the cars delivered to Dallas are NOT solely Teslas on the delivery truck.
There are Lexus and other makes on the same truck.
The (typically) truck goes to the location with the most vehicles first, and off-loads there.
Being this close to the other Car Manufacturer Dealerships, the Service Center employees can just go pick up the car, saving distance and time.

AND when a truck comes to make deliveries for tires, batteries, parts (and new cars), it has a lot more maneuvering room to work with.

Visual advertising.
This building is right at the end of Love Field.
There is virtually ZERO visibility for TM@ Welch Road location, it is just NOT a heavily traveled street.
Mockingbird IS heavily traveled, and eventually construction will be completed, or at least subside.
So there is an opportunity for signage at the street level.
Imagine if the Landlord allowed them to add some "TESLA" painted signage on the roof of the building...
And maybe a couple of lights (if the FAA will permit it).
Untold thousands of people that will all of a sudden see there is a Tesla presence in Dallas and Texas.
Maybe something along the lines of Hawthorne, CA?
Again, just go to their front door and kick it in...

LASTLY, if someone from a semi-remote location is flying into Dallas to pick up their car, and they want to take delivery then drive it home (hopefully with access to Superchargers along the way), this is THE premium location for flying into Dallas, not DFW Airport.
Someone from Tesla meets and greets them at the airport.
Then they drop them off at the Service Center, clean up some paper work, hand over some fobs, do and orientation and voila.
Another satisfied Customer.

i-remote location is flying into Dallas to pick up their car, and they want to take delivery then drive it home (hopefully with access to Superchargers along the way), this is THE premium location for flying into Dallas, not DFW Airport.
Someone from Tesla meets and greets them at the airport.

I agree with virtually everything you say, except this. No way Love Field is more premium than DFW for flights in and out of the plex. It's simply not. It's a PITA for everyone except Dallasites (Dallasians? Dallasers?)

Everything else you say makes a lot of sense. However, it's less convenient to me personally. ;)