TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New DC Metro Superchargers

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Vagus, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Vagus

Vagus Member

The DC area is slated for a bunch of new superchargers by the end of the year. Has anybody seen any movement in any of the following locations? Or know more specifically, when/where they will be?

- Washington, DC
    - Beltsville, MD
    - Gaithersburg MD
    - National Harbor, MD
    - Tysons, VA
    - Fairfax, VA

It's too bad that they removed the supercharger from Montgomery Mall - that seems like a good strategic location.

2. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

I used the one in the mall a fair amount, so I'll be very happy when Gaithersburg opens. I'm willing to drive by regularly to check progress once we get a location.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

As far as we can tell, there is no info. The 'locations' are only pins 'on' the names on the map. If anyone has found any permit or other hard info, please share!

The eastern shore's Queenstown's location was moved 'up' the road to Grasonville recently.

4. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

5. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

With the posting about a possible charger at the WAWA in Lewes (Rehoboth Beach), DE I thought I would look for WAWA's in the towns that are listed. I found a WAWA in Beltsville and a WAWA under permit in May, so probably under construction in Grasonville, MD. We shall see if these pan out.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. DaveM410

DaveM410 Member