Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New DC Metro Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The DC area is slated for a bunch of new superchargers by the end of the year. Has anybody seen any movement in any of the following locations? Or know more specifically, when/where they will be?

- Washington, DC
- Beltsville, MD
- Gaithersburg MD
- National Harbor, MD
- Tysons, VA
- Fairfax, VA

It's too bad that they removed the supercharger from Montgomery Mall - that seems like a good strategic location.

As far as we can tell, there is no info. The 'locations' are only pins 'on' the names on the map. If anyone has found any permit or other hard info, please share!

The eastern shore's Queenstown's location was moved 'up' the road to Grasonville recently.

The DC area is slated for a bunch of new superchargers by the end of the year. Has anybody seen any movement in any of the following locations? Or know more specifically, when/where they will be?

- Washington, DC
- Beltsville, MD
- Gaithersburg MD
- National Harbor, MD
- Tysons, VA
- Fairfax, VA

It's too bad that they removed the supercharger from Montgomery Mall - that seems like a good strategic location.
With the posting about a possible charger at the WAWA in Lewes (Rehoboth Beach), DE I thought I would look for WAWA's in the towns that are listed. I found a WAWA in Beltsville and a WAWA under permit in May, so probably under construction in Grasonville, MD. We shall see if these pan out.

Has anyone seen anything about this downtown DC location? Any advice for searching for permit applications? I'm very curious where it will be located ultimately as the pin looks to me like a general indicator that they will install one 'somewhere' in the city by end of year.

Attachments

• 9-20-2017 11-06-02 AM.jpg
    9-20-2017 11-06-02 AM.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 69
Has anyone seen anything about this downtown DC location? Any advice for searching for permit applications? I'm very curious where it will be located ultimately as the pin looks to me like a general indicator that they will install one 'somewhere' in the city by end of year.
It's centered on the name, so, any location would be 'correct'. :D DC being so small on the map, someone needs to take up the cause that knows how the DC permitting structure works. (How to search, etc.)

Any takers?

(And, as you see, there are several other newer (meaning 2018) ones in DC, that's just the 2017 one!)

Yea - am really excited they added those other locations. As an apartment dweller, I'm very interested in the first one though as I'm trying to figure out if it will be convenient for my weekly routine and in time for my M3 to arrive in early spring.

If anyone has advice on how to search for the permit, I'm all ears on doing some legwork!

There's a local Bethesda blogger (http://robertdyer.blogspot.com/2018/02/tesla-supercharger-stations-to-be...) who reported today that Montgomery Mall in Bethesda (where we had a small temporary Supercharger until June 2016) is going to have a total of 24 stations; 12 stations in the Nordstrom garage and an additional 12 in the movie theater garage by year end. I don't know where the information came from. Can anyone corroborate?

Bumping this for anyone who might have insight on plans for any Superchargers within the District. I know it looks like Arlington has its SC, all but ready to announce.

Does anyone know anything more about what might be holding up the locations within the District? Or which might be first?

They all say 2019 but I'm sure they all used to say 2017, then 2018, etc.
DC Superchargers.PNG

Bumping this for anyone who might have insight on plans for any Superchargers within the District. I know it looks like Arlington has its SC, all but ready to announce.

Does anyone know anything more about what might be holding up the locations within the District? Or which might be first?

They all say 2019 but I'm sure they all used to say 2017, then 2018, etc. View attachment 400935
Riverdale Park will probably cover NE DC.

They all say 2019 but I'm sure they all used to say 2017, then 2018, etc. View attachment 400935
It is very odd that there are still no superchargers in DC proper. Given the proliferation of urban chargers inside major cities, I can only assume that there is something unique about DC.