Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Dealer Scam - READ THIS before wiring ANY dealer money

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw an ad for a 1997 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo manual w/ 28k miles for $56,500 form a dealer that from appearance has been in business for 30 years and has reviews on Google and Yelp. They offered it to me for $54k delivered. The car is worth $75-80K.

The problem is the website they made was not for the actual dealer. It's the Russian mob. The dealer in this case is El Vochito in Indianapolis Indiana. It's a little hole in the wall, that caters to the Hispanic population. They sell cheap cars, not Porsches and Teslas. They don't appear to speak English,or have a website, but they have a history. That's why they were chosen.

Russians register a domain name, build a website, and place ads on Autotrader, Craigslist, and elsewhere. Every car is 10-15K below market. They e-mail a fake Carfax. They use the actual address, but change the phone number just a little. They won't allow a pre-purchase inspection, but a "7 day refund and we even pay to return the car" But there is no car.

Fake website Welcome to EL VOCHITO AUTO SALES of INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Autotrader ads

Autotrader - page unavailable

Actual picture of the dealer https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwjNyuDh8ZDoAhXTOn0KHQNQD1QQpx8wCnoECBIQBg

Never ever wire money to a dealer without it being seen by someone you trust. This is happening all across the country, and there are stories on every forum about money wired and no car received. The criminals in this case even called me and threatened to murder me if I did not take down my reviews on Yelp and Google