Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deerfield Beach, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates?
It’s ready for use! I drove by there and all the covers were off end it look like it was ready for use so I double check with Tesla and they said ready for use.

Attachments

• C0BBF30C-E343-49A3-AADB-620F494C74EF.png
    C0BBF30C-E343-49A3-AADB-620F494C74EF.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 152
It’s not working yet. I plugged in and didn’t get any power. Checked with Tesla via chat and they told me it’s offline and that they didn’t have an ETA on when it would be activated.

I’d guess that they would turn it on over the weekend or sometime next week since everything appears to be ready to go.

I pass it everyday on my way home so I’ll post here if I see anything new. Surprisingly there’s a lot of excitement from ICE owners who had a million questions for me when I tried plugging in.

Attachments

• C72AEF11-4783-4A42-BF62-66C7A6045263.png
    C72AEF11-4783-4A42-BF62-66C7A6045263.png
    725.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart
It’s not working yet. I plugged in and didn’t get any power. Checked with Tesla via chat and they told me it’s offline and that they didn’t have an ETA on when it would be activated.

I’d guess that they would turn it on over the weekend or sometime next week since everything appears to be ready to go.

I pass it everyday on my way home so I’ll post here if I see anything new. Surprisingly there’s a lot of excitement from ICE owners who had a million questions for me when I tried plugging in.
There are 2 cars that parks there allday a black pick up and a red SUV.

Ditto. I was there last night and they were still unpowered. I guess I should have known before even plugging in since the pedestals were completely dark. As you said, they look ready to go.

22 Feb 2020 @ 2PM - Still not powered on.

Only 2 of the 8 spaces are Tesla Only. The other 6 are General Parking for 15 minutes. This is common with the Wawa Stations. I think in West Palm Beach Wawa on Garden St/Rd some of the general were 30 mins.

So you might want to consider using the dedicated SC lots. These stores get a lot of traffic at meal times and not just from people buying gas.

Wawa_Deerfield Beach FL_20200222_1400_#1.jpg Wawa_Deerfield Beach FL_20200222_1400_#2.jpg Wawa_Deerfield Beach FL_20200222_1400_#3.jpg

these two cars are always park here from 8 AM to 6 PM.
22 Feb 2020 @ 2PM - Still not powered on.

Only 2 of the 8 spaces are Tesla Only. The other 6 are General Parking for 15 minutes. This is common with the Wawa Stations. I think in West Palm Beach Wawa on Garden St/Rd some of the general were 30 mins.

So you might want to consider using the dedicated SC lots. These stores get a lot of traffic at meal times and not just from people buying gas.

View attachment 514155 View attachment 514156 View attachment 514158

Attachments

• A22C2049-B72F-41D9-A251-AE82031F883C.jpeg
    A22C2049-B72F-41D9-A251-AE82031F883C.jpeg
    788.3 KB · Views: 107
I was there a couple days ago to try it out. Was at 50% so not much to see KW-wise. I actually prefer not to slam the KW into the battery.

Right now I charge at work at 120v/20A. Round trip cost me a total of appox. 20%. I am set to stop at 70%, but going to drop it to 60% so I am going from 40% to 60%. Might even set it a max of 50% since this SC station is 2 miles from home.

Nice knowing you Delray SC! :D

At my suggestion Paul and his wife visited the Deerfield Beach Supercharger. They spoke with a friendly couple with a Model S who told them all about theirs, let them sit in it, and showed them what they have found to be the easiest way to get in and out. As a result, it looks like they are going to go with the Model S over the Y - due to the greater range in particular. So no need to show them a car, thanks anyway.
Peter

• Helpful
Reactions: Larry Chanin
This is a bad neighborhood Wawa's location. Two guards in the Wawa and restrooms closed to the public. The station has the differential rates, which is great if you can charge before 10:30 am. Tesla has jacked the rates from .26 to .44 cents a kilowatt. Do not charge here at night or if you need a restroom. Had to walk to a nearby store to use the facilities and signs posted for customers only.