Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Deliveries, check your UMC contains a 3 pin UK plug!

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
Oh yes check your cables before you leave, they expected me to leave without even checking that they were there!

NorfolkMustard

Apr 18, 2019
M3P w/FSD
These three in a black zip bag
1 x Tesla mobile connector (TMC)
1 x short adapter for the TMC with 13amp plug (10amp charging)
1 x short adapter for the TMC with blue commando plug (16 amp charging)

this, separate
1 x “type 2” cable for use on public AC chargers. Usually a blue cable

see here Charging Connectors

Rob R

Oct 7, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Just a heads up, I ticked off the UMC being present on my mental list when I saw the black bag in the boot on collecting my 3 today. Just had a look at its contents and its EU only.

Luckily I've got a tethered pod point, but I'd be snookered if I hadn't, worth checking the content of the bag on delivery!
You are lucky! Demand a UK 3 pin adapter from Tesla, to which you are entitled. Hold on to the EU one, which you thus get for free.

JohnnyMiller

Aug 9, 2019
Birmingham, UK
Have done, raised a service via the app and they’ve texted me to say they will contact me when parts are in stock. Also emailed deliverygb in case I can swing buy the delivery centre and swap it

p_iv

Jul 8, 2019
UK
Good idea - I'm not getting my charger installed for nearly two weeks post-delivery so I may not be going far without a 3 pin plug!

mj88

Oct 24, 2017
London
Mine had 3 pin and commando, but would quite like to get my hands on the EU adaptor eventually.
Top tip: Don't assume as you have an EU adaptor it will work on the continent. I did a 1500 mile France trip this summer, and was advised I need 2 different adaptors, the two adaptors look virtually identical, the difference is that one operates on a reverse polarity so depending on where you are visiting depends on which adaptor you require. France is a bit of a funny one. As it was I ended up solely using Superchargers.

Reactions: ringi

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC