Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New deliveries come with rear door PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, I was going to order the rear door PPF and take it with me on the plane up to pick up my MY LR when it becomes available in the distant future... if we find out that this is a consistent add on (not just one delivery center, or that it is hit or miss weather it gets done) then I will not have to order this ahead of time.

Keith

Installed on our Y picked up yesterday. Technician said it is for north states and Canada customers.

Attachments

• IMG_6355.jpeg
    IMG_6355.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 725
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I've seen reports of some people in the Chicago area taking delivery with PPF and/or mud flaps being installed. I wish we knew exactly what to expect! I already have the PPF and mud flaps sitting on my dining room table ready to go on. Would be kinda funny if they already came preinstalled.

Just installed this yesterday. Had the mud flaps on since Feb/March. A few chips in the paint where the PPF goes. I would say this is a requirement now. Car only has 10,000 miles and just a year old. Been through four seasons and never left a paved road yet there is some paint damager to both rear doors.

Having owned my Model Y for exactly one year I believe every Model Y should come with the Tesla front mudflaps and the PPF for the rear doors. The issue is not everyone likes the look of the Tesla mud flaps or the PPF.

If your Tesla Model Y did not come with the mud flaps or the PPF you can add these to your vehicle for around $100. Installing the Tesla mud flaps is easy. You only need a flat head screw driver and maybe 10 minutes to install the mud flaps. Installing PPF film requires a little more preparation and time, perhaps 1 hour. To install the PPF, before you start, the door panels must be spotlessly clean. You need patience and really good lighting to be able to see all of the small bubbles trapped underneath the PPF so you can use the provided squeegee tool to remove the bubbles while the film adhesive is wet.