Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery 90D - testing AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
odometer up to 243miles.
some observations

I try to use AP as much as possible. It doesnt seem to want to take the exits/highway interchange ramps when engaged and even when the navigation/destination is active. So the nav is telling me to exit one highway to take ramp to the new highway but the AP doesnt seem to take any input from the Nav so if the lane splits, the car wants to stay on the old highway.

If I want to signal to change lanes in AP, will it prevent from changing if there is not enough space in the lanes? thus far I have been afraid to try it.

It also doesnt show on the dashboard screen whether or not its detecting any of the objects that i am approaching so its hard to know what AP2 is doing or is capable of, e.g. pedestrian jaywalking but on left side of the double yellow lines, or service vehicles on shoulder or even vehicles in the side lanes. The dash only seems to light up those arc signals only after I have passed vehicles in the side lanes.

Does my AP2 get better the more I use it? ... the way that the sonar alarms stopped beeping like crazy after I used my tight driveway a few times? It learned that my driveway is a known recurrent space so it stopped freaking out after like 3 passes.

odometer up to 243miles.
some observations

I try to use AP as much as possible. It doesnt seem to want to take the exits/highway interchange ramps when engaged and even when the navigation/destination is active. So the nav is telling me to exit one highway to take ramp to the new highway but the AP doesnt seem to take any input from the Nav so if the lane splits, the car wants to stay on the old highway.

If I want to signal to change lanes in AP, will it prevent from changing if there is not enough space in the lanes? thus far I have been afraid to try it.

It also doesnt show on the dashboard screen whether or not its detecting any of the objects that i am approaching so its hard to know what AP2 is doing or is capable of, e.g. pedestrian jaywalking but on left side of the double yellow lines, or service vehicles on shoulder or even vehicles in the side lanes. The dash only seems to light up those arc signals only after I have passed vehicles in the side lanes.

Does my AP2 get better the more I use it? ... the way that the sonar alarms stopped beeping like crazy after I used my tight driveway a few times? It learned that my driveway is a known recurrent space so it stopped freaking out after like 3 passes.
I don't think AP2 will do interchanges or exits yet.

It should wait to change lanes until the path is clear, but this is not fool proof. For instance, I've put my turn signal on with a car next to me and it juked a bit before deciding not to change lanes and it gave the other driver a little scare.

The driver's AP2 screen currently only shows the car in front of you in your lane. It should get more capable with updates. For instance, the AP1 cars will show cars int he adjacent lanes, differentiate between cars/trucks/motorcycles and even show multiple cars in front of you. AP2 just isn't there yet.

I believe Tesla collects AP2 data from their cars, so it should get better with updates. However, I don't think improves for your individual car based on you using it, but I'm not 100% sure. I would be very surprised if it did though.