Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Delivery Issue? - Indentations in dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to pick up our 3rd Row Model Y on Sat and had the usual paint, body modeling, and unfortunitly small tears in our seats. Everything except the seats was similar to what we experienced when we took delivery of our LR Model 3 in 2018. However, found a new issue I was not familiar with that is a bit concerning. Found a bunch of large indentions / dents in the top of our dashboard. They were hand sized indentations that looks like the material was caved in a bit when they installed the top of the dash.

We took delivery in a large parking structure that Tesla rented out for the weekend. They had at least a hundred of other Model Y's and 3's that they were delivering to customers based on scheduled times, so I walked around and checked out a few of the other Y's on my level to see if they had similar dents in their dashboard. I looked at about ten model Y's and about 50% had similar dents....Some better, and some worse.

We were very close to denying delivery, but we sold our Model 3 on Friday and my wife doesn't have anything else to drive so we had to accept. Our appointment to address all of the other issues is in a week and a half. When we reported the issues and scheduled the time, it was the only item that didn't have its own category addressing the fix...

Has anyone seen this yet?

83546FEC-3DC1-4B31-B7C4-A5304E5CA733_1_105_c.jpeg