Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery of 55k vin autopilot car. Factory Paint armor question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Just took delivery, S85. So far great car had a few questions
the pdf of the paint armor pieces shows paint armor on the door edges and on the fender etc. The car I got has the factory paint armor, probably one of the last ones offered but the door edges do not have the armor nor does the fenders.
We looked at another early vin car and these were not present on that car either. Does anyone with the paint armor have it on their fender and the edge of the door? I think these are important areas.
The DS said he has not seen it there but the info sheet on the paint armor from Tesla shows it should be there?

Item # 2, 10, 11 in the PDF

Thanks

Attachments

• Paint Armor placement.pdf
    306.1 KB · Views: 99
I have the factory Paint Armor option and there is none on the fenders or door edges. I added door edge protectors myself and had a shop do complete hood converge and roof converge.

The PDF you posted shows a number of other pieces that did not come on my car, including #13, a "top cap". Where did you get that PDF from? Perhaps it only applies to earlier cars and then things changes.

Last edited:
My sales associate sent it to me just 2 weeks ago. Told me this is what will be covered. Car shows up and no car seems to have all the pieces. Door edge guard is the biggest thing I feel missing.
The. #13 top cap I think is between windshield and pano glass. I have that.