TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New delivery of 55k vin autopilot car. Factory Paint armor question

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by drsaab, Dec 8, 2014.

1. drsaab

drsaab Member

Hi all. Just took delivery, S85. So far great car had a few questions
    the pdf of the paint armor pieces shows paint armor on the door edges and on the fender etc. The car I got has the factory paint armor, probably one of the last ones offered but the door edges do not have the armor nor does the fenders.
    We looked at another early vin car and these were not present on that car either. Does anyone with the paint armor have it on their fender and the edge of the door? I think these are important areas.
    The DS said he has not seen it there but the info sheet on the paint armor from Tesla shows it should be there?

Item # 2, 10, 11 in the PDF

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#2 ecarfan, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    I have the factory Paint Armor option and there is none on the fenders or door edges. I added door edge protectors myself and had a shop do complete hood converge and roof converge.

The PDF you posted shows a number of other pieces that did not come on my car, including #13, a "top cap". Where did you get that PDF from? Perhaps it only applies to earlier cars and then things changes.

3. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

We've un-done several MS with factory paint armor, and none have had door edges.

4. themacs

themacs Member

I have a 7/14 85 S with factory armor. There is NONE on the fenders nor door edges. Wish they were, especially on the door edges.

5. drsaab

drsaab Member

My sales associate sent it to me just 2 weeks ago. Told me this is what will be covered. Car shows up and no car seems to have all the pieces. Door edge guard is the biggest thing I feel missing.
    The. #13 top cap I think is between windshield and pano glass. I have that.