Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery of Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To any recent owners who have taken delivery on the Raven, I was looking for some input.

Right off the bat, my overall delivery experience was very poor and some of my concerns after taking delivery have not been addressed at all. It seems everyone at Tesla just wants to shift responsibility and not actually help in any way. It has been two weeks now and I noticed some additional issues with the body and fitment that I am not sure is common or is just an issue with my vehicle.

On both sides of the rear passenger door below the door near the side skirt there is a small gap that does not seem right. There has been water and salt build up just in the last two weeks and I would imagine get worse over time.

I also noticed that the there is an unusual cold draft that comes in through the front of the vehicle even when I have the heat on full blast. I noticed that the front right fender doesn’t seem to be completely attached and am unsure if that is where the cold draft is coming in from.

I attached some images since I don’t think I did the best job of describing these issues. Hope to get some feedback from other owners to see if this is common or if I should make it a point to go back to where I took delivery and ask them to look into it further.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help.
1F323250-02EF-46D2-A438-B154B30EE868.jpeg
05A59C55-5CE1-43BE-B454-7A80C4B149AF.jpeg
3BADCA50-1F62-4146-B5C2-CB88931C87BF.jpeg
E5B6EE0D-0403-4B47-B080-A7EA1746AD0B.jpeg

This is pretty bad. I personally would have rejected delivery of the vehicle.
either way, you should be able to report these issues with Tesla Service, and they should be able to get them repaired through an approved Tesla body shop. When you speak with Tesla, just mention these are Post delivery "fitment/finish issues" you have noticed.

I say this because I had fitment issues repaired on my Model 3, and it was all covered under warranty.

Where on the car are the pictures of those joints? Are those bad welds?

I probably would have rejected delivery also. Are you still within the return period?

Its been 17 days so past the return period. Here is another image of where the separation is by the side skirt. I scheduled a service appointment with a different Tesla SC than where I took delivery but maybe I will try to go back to where I took delivery tomorrow and see if their is anything they can do. With my experience so far it seems doubtful but worth a shot I guess.

Attachments

• EEF19840-5791-46D6-ACB6-B30D61FFA568.jpeg
    EEF19840-5791-46D6-ACB6-B30D61FFA568.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 83
Its been 17 days so past the return period. Here is another image of where the separation is by the side skirt. I scheduled a service appointment with a different Tesla SC than where I took delivery but maybe I will try to go back to where I took delivery tomorrow and see if their is anything they can do. With my experience so far it seems doubtful but worth a shot I guess.

This is a known issue and is purely cosmetic. Most (?all) MXs will eventually have some paint cracking in that area (bad design). SC won’t fix it and will tell you it’s within speck. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Is this the Long Range or Performance? I took delivery of a Long Range Aug 14th and drove it 6km to my PPF guy to look it over before $10k of work was done. I returned it 12hrs later after my detail guy told too many issues to fix. I upgraded to performance with a Aug 24th delivery date (July build date) 10 day wait due to no performance models available on the lot. Was told no issues to report and even paint correction was not required. Also took delivery of the performance with 10km on the dash which I was told is very rare and a sign the car was fresh off the line. I didn’t want to take any chances driving the 6km so my detail guy was nice enough to bring his flatbed trailer to transport from SC to his shop.

Regarding delivery experience of my long range - very poor had to wait 30 mins to even get a Hello on delivery date and was rushed to sign off on delivery.

Regarding delivery of the Performance...was treated like a king because someone was getting a nice commission as they made sure my P100D was done through the sales staff. Apparently they also made sure to give me a mint Model X after I reminded them of my detail guy If he isn’t happy it will be returned.

I no longer deal with that service centre and drive out of my way to visit the signature high end service centre in Toronto where you honestly feel proud to be a Tesla owner...Tesla Mobile service is even better. even have a couple numbers where I shoot them a text and they remotely look into things or meet up at a super charger to plug the laptop to get a better idea.

This is a known issue and is purely cosmetic. Most (?all) MXs will eventually have some paint cracking in that area (bad design). SC won’t fix it and will tell you it’s within speck. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Won’t that cause a problem for rust?

Is this the Long Range or Performance? I took delivery of a Long Range Aug 14th and drove it 6km to my PPF guy to look it over before $10k of work was done. I returned it 12hrs later after my detail guy told too many issues to fix. I upgraded to performance with a Aug 24th delivery date (July build date) 10 day wait due to no performance models available on the lot. Was told no issues to report and even paint correction was not required. Also took delivery of the performance with 10km on the dash which I was told is very rare and a sign the car was fresh off the line. I didn’t want to take any chances driving the 6km so my detail guy was nice enough to bring his flatbed trailer to transport from SC to his shop.

This is a long range. I really wish I did my due diligence taking delivery. I had a relatively easy and problem free time when I took delivery on an Model 3 earlier this year so didn’t really think anything of it. I also was interested in returning my M3 when I initially got it because of the range anxiety and switching to a LR+ but my TA at that point told me what a long and tedious process that was. So the thought of returning any vehicle to Tesla was something that I never even considered. But I guess this is a good thing to experience moving forward.

I had the same issue that you have in your 2nd and 4th pictures. The lower falcon wing door threshold paint defects are not "cracks" it is a separation of a filler compound and NOT a structural issue. The filler is super hard and I guess when the X flexes during transport or normal driving those appear. It's not a warranty item but my service center did address as a courtesy. The time to get it addressed was a bit over a week as they had to contract with another body shop to sand it down, smooth it out and then repaint. Since I have the car back after the rework, its been staying crack free but if it re-develops I'll find something a bit more elastic to fill the void.

I also have the same condition as your first picture and it doesn't bother me so I did not ask about it.