Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Delivery: two problems (but what a car!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my new Tesla yesterday afternoon. What an awesome car! Whoooooooosh! Whooooooosh!! (as opposed to Vrooom, Vrooom....).

Off to a slightly rocky start when I got home, only to find my recently-installed 240V outlet gives a "ground" error and wont charge. (Electrician coming back today... Hope it's an easy/quick fix).

Two questions:
[1] The iPhone app continues to say no car is associated with My Tesla account. (I've confirmed the "mobile access" is set to on in the car). Does this get activated on its own, or do I have to do something?

[2] My sideview mirrors aren't tilting down when in reverse (despite this option being set to on in settings). Anything to do, short of taking it in for a service call?

Thanks! So much to learn now that it's MINE...

photo (2).JPG

give the mobile app a day or so. someone at tesla has to associate your username with your car.

try putting the car into reverse and adjusting the mirrors. make sure you save your driver profile, then go back to drive. they should tilt back to the drive setting, then back to reverse setting when you go back into reverse.

You need to set the tilt when in reverse, then store it as part of your memory setting....

Step 1. Put car in reverse
Step 2. Set sideview mirrors to desired reverse setting/angle
Step 3. Save memory setting.
Step 4. Enjoy the goodness of auto-tilting sideview mirrors when in reverse

This is something that Tesla has not done a great job at making clear to owners.

You need to set the tilt when in reverse, then store it as part of your memory setting....

Step 1. Put car in reverse
Step 2. Set sideview mirrors to desired reverse setting/angle
Step 3. Save memory setting.
Step 4. Enjoy the goodness of auto-tilting sideview mirrors when in reverse

This is something that Tesla has not done a great job at making clear to owners.

Nice that they let you set the angle yourself. That's a first for me. Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll remember that when I set mine up. :)

Last edited:
Got the mirrors working. Thanks for tip! Still waiting for the Tesla App to work. (I emailed Tesla and they said give it a couple of days, which is sort of weird. Seems like it should just take a click of a mouse somewhere).

I'll add a couple more newbie questions here (rather than cluttering the boards with more threads), for anyone still listening.

Are the following statements correct:

[1] The voice command "listen to Elton John" only works with Slacker (not flash drive music)
[2] With music on a flash drive, there are no playlists or ability to shuffle songs.
[3] iPods are completely unrecognized other than via Bluetooth. (Evidently Tesla didn't want to pay for iPod integration).
[4] It's normal to have street labels upside down on the Nav screen when oriented to direction of travel.
[5] It's normal to have people speed up and slow down while on the freeway you so they can look at all sides of your car and smile.

Hi Argelius,

[1] Yes
[2] Yeah
[3] Yep
[4] I have software 4.5 so I don't have this capability added in 5.0. I hear 5.6 fixes the upside down street labels.
[5] Yeppers

Since you live in Chicago area, please consider joining our group at teslaowners.com

Cheers,
David

On the flash drive you can play by artist, genre, song or folder.
If you manually put your playlist in a folder of its own you can have it play that.
I expect them to fix that eventually, but the work-around is a good option in the meantime.