TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Denver Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sandy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Sandy

Sandy Member

Hi,

Sandy here. Ordered a Model S (which I now know to call an MS) in late January. Delivery date sometime in February, March, or April (keeps changing). Live in wonderful Denver, Colorado and was so happy when the D models were introduced.

One question: How do you enter a signature on the forum? I see the rules about signatures but no place to enter one. Perhaps, I have to be an experienced contributor before they let you enter a signature.

My specs: 90D, Midnight Silver Metallic, tan seats, carbon fiber, pano, cold weather, autopilot, interior lighting, audio upgrade.

Warm regards,
    Sandy

2. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

After 5 posts an option will show up in your settings somewhere. I had the same question initially!

Oh, and congrats on your order!!

3. Sandy

Sandy Member

Thanks for the info about the signature. Forgot to mention in my configuration: air suspension and keeping the stock wheels. Sold my Porsche Targa 4S to get this. Big change for someone who's never owned a big car and never owned a car without a clutch. Air suspension because I'm tired of hitting the nose of my car on the pavement every time I leave the parking lot at work. Stock wheels because I'm done with 30-35 profile tires.

Sandy

4. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I have to say I think those are good decisions. The air suspension has worked great also going onto/off of ferries (and the car remembers so automatically raises next time). And I've personally never seen a lot of "looks" benefit to low profile tires.

Two days ago I was listening to some manual car beside me and seeing the abrupt shift points from the corner of my eye, and thinking wow! I used to looove manual transmissions but I'll now take the smooth silent torque of an EV any day. <Prediction (and yes, I'm taking a big risk with this one):> YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

5. VERDNT_P85

VERDNT_P85 Member

Congrats on the new sled. Targa 4S used to be my dream car. But now that I'm electrified, I don't even think about it anymore. You'll get used to it. The regen brakes on the MS remind me of the awesome downshifting I used to do.