Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Denver Tesla Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by today since I was in the area mentoring... all 12 chargers are actually online already. I also spotted a Supercharger in one of the service bays which is pretty cool. It looks like one of the portable units they have at Park meadows. You can see it in the middle below:

IMG_0023.JPG

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Tesla opens a showroom and service center in the heart of Littleton

Looks like its open!

Does anyone know when the rule about one store was lifted? We are now showing 5 "stores" in Colorado. If they got the rules changed, it certainly happened without any fanfare or anything.

Now we just need a service center up here in the north. I'd even accept one in the Loveland autoplex. That wouldn't be a bad location at all.

Tesla opens a showroom and service center in the heart of Littleton

Looks like its open!

Does anyone know when the rule about one store was lifted? We are now showing 5 "stores" in Colorado. If they got the rules changed, it certainly happened without any fanfare or anything.

Now we just need a service center up here in the north. I'd even accept one in the Loveland autoplex. That wouldn't be a bad location at all.
Yep, they had the grand opening celebration last Saturday. It was a fun event. I think sales and deliveries are currently taking place at the new location and they should have all service appointments transferred to the new location by the middle of August. The new location is SO much bigger and better than the old one. I think they have parking for nearly 180 cars vs. a few dozen at the old location. The customer lounge is also bigger and they can easily handle six deliveries at a time know and no more curtain separating you from the Service Center since it is in another building!

I don't know when the restriction was lifted but they opened Vail and Aspen last December and Cherry Creek two weeks ago. The word is out in Colorado and thanks to the new locations and tax credits, I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more Teslas around Colorado!

Reactions: AlanSqB
More pics from my visit today. The smaller building is for deliveries as mentioned above. The HPWC are all online, and they had a solid 30 or so customer vehicles on site.

Evans will remain open for the time being, but will move to a non-customer facing role.

This is a super location: adjacent to a CarMax and in the middle of a string of a dozen or more dealerships. The traffic from prospective vehicle buyers unfamiliar with Tesla will be huge.

IMG_20170809_182743.jpg IMG_20170809_183117.jpg IMG_20170809_183122.jpg IMG_20170809_183446.jpg IMG_20170809_183607.jpg IMG_20170809_183930.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSqB
Yes. While sales and deliveries started on July 29th, they've only been servicing vehicles there since August 14th or so, after the techs got back from training in California. We stopped by last week and found that if you only have a minor issue, you can just drive right in and they might be able to handle it right away. They are open Saturdays for drive-ins only (no appointments).

The Evans location is now only for CPO refurbishment and non-customer work.

One reason I asked is that the Tesla website no longer lists any Service Center for Denver. I assume the "store" listed at
5700 S Broadway, Littleton, CO 80121 is actually the new service center, but that's just a guess.
Good catch. It used to show up on their Find Us page but I see it is missing now. That's the correct address. In Google Maps, the pointer was on the wrong building (not one leased by Tesla) but I corrected that for them last week.

They claim all the buildings on the compound belong to them.
There are three buildings that used to belong to Ralph Schomp. Whenever I've spoken with the Tesla Littleton employees, they said they only had the two westernmost buildings and that the third building (formerly Honda) is going to be used by Porsche. Only the two westernmost buildings have Tesla branding on them.

1) The new Denver service center is fully operational. They're still getting their many palettes of spare parts organized, so the parts guy is consuming more caffeine than is strictly appropriate for long-term mental health. I had a rear running light replaced and the water leak that caused it to fail repaired. They have a metric boatload of destination chargers in the parking lot image-3-1.jpg and two supercharger cabinets inside (for service use only). image-12.jpg One building is used for delivery walk-throughs image-20.jpg, the other is for sales image-7.jpg and service image-10.jpg.

2) The Evans site has been decommissioned as a customer-facing site. I got conflicting stories about whether it will remain a Tesla facility for other uses (refurb, storage, parts, etc.)

3) Tesla was grandfathered into a change in the Colorado Revised Statutes which said that no new dealership licences could be issued to company-owned dealerships. However, since other dealerships seem to have multiple points of presence in the state under one licence, Tesla argued that they should be allowed to do the same. So apparently we are going to get multiple service facilities. And we already have multiple showrooms. The original Park Meadows showroom has moved into the much larger space formerly occupied by Apple (which moved down the hall). There is now a showroom in Cherry Creek, also Vail image-3.jpg and Aspen. They had to take out a couple panels of the front window to get the Model S into the Vail showroom. image-2-1.jpg (I told some random kids that they could all fit in the trunk, so they had to demo it. I'm evil that way.)

That is terrific news. Thank you for the update @evp Holding my breath for a northern Colorado Service Center because as much as I love visiting Denver, I hate driving to Denver. Also, that's seriously down on the @$$ end. I hope they get a fleet of rangers going here soon.

Even if we don't get an SC up here, it looks like the delivery experience is going to be greatly improved from the previous location where it looked like they would have to move a few cars around so you could get out of the lot.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
I've been getting what I assume is drive unit noise on my May 2014 build S60, gradually increasing since I first noticed it in early June. In order to avoid two seven hundred mile trips to Denver I had hoped to have my car checked in Salt Lake City as I passed through a week ago, but the Service Center was closed on Saturday.

I spoke with Denver Service about a likely DU replacement and asked whether a Ranger could check my car to avoid an extra trip to Denver just for diagnosis. The service rep put me in touch with the Ranger for my region. Turns out that he has a visit planned to a town west of me (Norwood), at the far edge of his territory, on Tuesday and will be heading home through my area. He will meet with me to check it out then but is guessing from my description that I will need a DU replacement. Then I expect that I can schedule a single trip to Denver for the service, assuming that nothing goes wrong with the repair. I hope that this will be a one-and-done repair of the DU. Also have an AC problem that needs checking (hot air from the passenger side vents).

With all the new techs at the Denver Service Center I have some trepidation about them doing a DU replacement! Hope that they are well trained or that someone with experience handles the repair.