TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Design Studio is up!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by XrstalLens, Jun 1, 2012.

1. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

If you have any salary income at all, you can get it pretty quickly by lowering your federal withholdings for as many checks as it takes. If you're buying a Model S, it shouldn't be more than 3 checks...

2. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

I just gave it a try.

I already configured my Model S, but it detects my reservation is EU, so I don't get any pricing or delivery dates shown.

Mine is ready however, so they can lock me in and ship it in three weeks, I don't see the problem?

3. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

Actually, ElSupreme, I see your res number is pretty high. So you should just start non-withholding of your federal income tax at your first paycheck for January 2013. Just remember to start withholding again when you hit what would have been $7500 in withholding (or if your first check withholding would have been more than $7500, withhold the difference). I don't know what you can do with state taxes in GA, but I would think you might be able to do the same thing. Also make sure you don't spend the extra money in your paycheck! Put it aside.

Also, I am not an accountant!

4. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

...troubles cramming three chargers under the rear bench? :rolleyes:

5. BriansTesla

BriansTesla Old school meets new tech

Is the 8 year, unlimited miles warranty on the 85KWH battery pack a change? I thought it was lifetime.

6. nickkinkaid

nickkinkaid Member

Hi Trnsl8r

You're right, there is a bug where previously saved designs have a base price that includes the Federal tax credit. We are fixing it this afternoon. Good eyes!

Nick Kinkaid
    Tesla Motors, Director of Online Experience
    [email protected] | (650) 681-6259 desk | (773) 301-3232 mobile | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA 94304

7. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

No change there. Wishful thinking on part of Sig folks, I think.

8. goyogi

goyogi Member

That's a good thought. I believe they set up a place for the manufacturer of the seats at the factory so that could make sense that they only had limited resources to build the types of seats they are offering.

9. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

White leather interior will be used after the first 1000 signatures were be delivered to U.S. customers. There are signature editions for Canada, EU, Asia/UK, Australia, and so on. So I don't think the grey leather will replace white.

10. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

That's complete news to me.

11. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

That's a good point. Even if gray doesn't replace white, it's still the new color and it makes sense that they wouldn't get that ready right away.

12. spatterso911

spatterso911 P100DL - Raven

I'm presuming that just because the picture of the HPWC is white in the design studio, doesn't mean that the one you get is white. I've been led to understand that it can come in whatever color matches available exterior colors.

13. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Was really hoping that standard suspension was available from the beginning. If by some miracle I'm called to make a decision on getting the car earlier with air suspension or waiting for the standard spring suspension, I'd jump on getting the car earlier. :sigh: I think Tesla knows what it's doing there. I wonder if Tesla's suspension decision is also to make the manufacturing process simpler in the beginning

14. goyogi

goyogi Member

It may be a contractual obligation to Continental that they have to sell x amount of units per year. It's the only optional component they seem to be forcing year 1. They note it's a "requirement" and if it was a manufacturing limitation like the grey leather I would think that it would be available sometime this year not Jan 2013.

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

This is what I heard.

16. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Let's get one thing correct before doing two things is always a good plan.

17. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

"My Garage" is empty. Wonder if there are more updates or just bugs in the system....

garage.jpg

18. jjaeger

jjaeger Member

With the new updates - a lot of folks have had to clear their cache Nigel; give that a try and likely your garage will come back.

19. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

A couple of refreshes did the trick too for me in Chrome.

20. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Just tried mine and the car was still there. It's really bad luck when your car is stolen before you even take delivery.:scared: