TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Design Studio is up!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by XrstalLens, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Can we please keep the pejoratives out of it?

2. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Evan, I elected to downgrade from Sig because I wanted a white Perf and waiting 5+ months is worth the $5,000 savings to me. I say you won't regret waiting for exactly the car you want. Don't feel pressured to buy something you don't want just to get it a few months early.

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Is nobody worried about resale values, in terms of leather vs. textile? I've owned a few Mercs in my time, and the one thing I learnt was that a Merc without leather and Comand (nav and other media stuff) would really suffer with the residual values. I assume since the Model S is going up against the premium brands (Merc, Audi, BMW etc) that a similar argument would apply?

Leather has its place (our other car is the kid carrier, and textile seats in that would be a tragic mistake), but I tend to agree with others here, leather is not always ideal. My current car has microfiber seats with leather bolsters, and that seems to be a good balance.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

It was actually 93K and they gave a week warning they were going to raise it to 98K They sold 50 Roadsters that week. Later they raised it again to a 109K base price.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Not really, you'll spend any difference replacing the cracked leather seats so that the value won't plunge even more. Anyway, on a car in this price range you're taking such a big depreciation hit that the difference will only be chicken feed. And what's a few bucks compared to a couple of hundred thousand miles of uncomfortable driving?

6. ddruz

ddruz Member

Is anyone else still showing aerodynamic wheels on the Design Studio? Wondering if I need to refresh my browser somewhere or if Tesla hasn't gotten around to removing them yet.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

They're still there for me, and Tesla also recently updated the Facts page on the site and gave the Aero wheels their own bulletpoint. I assume that means they won't be available at launch, but perhaps are still in the works.

8. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

My Garage on the Tesla site still shows my car with Aero wheels and I don't see anyway for me to change it now.