Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Display, 2nd Row Console, Patterned Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen any of these teams talked about but they were in the test drive vehicle provided to "the Verge". Full article here Tesla’s Model X is finally here, and I got to drive it | The Verge

pictures from the article:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

this isn't surprising. if i were in the market for one, I'd wait at least 2 years before ordering. They have A LOT of work left to do on the X. this just proves that it's being rushed out the door before it's really ready.
I disagree. Arriving at this conclusion just because they didn't got the middle console down is not a solid premise. It is yet to be seen by real world data that whether the features are finished or rushed. They look pretty solid to me in the presentation. (My opinion)

this isn't surprising. if i were in the market for one, I'd wait at least 2 years before ordering. They have A LOT of work left to do on the X. this just proves that it's being rushed out the door before it's really ready.

I understand that you are not happy with the Model X.
Fortunately for Tesla, most reviewers who have actually seen and sit inside the Model X in person do like the car a lot.
The reviews so far are great.

Good advice for any car from any decent maker. or maybe even all-new phone and laptop designs. I am going to keep my reservation [#15,531], but we're going to go take a close look in person. I am also a big fan of what Tesla is doing and much of what Musk advocates. I have had a battery reservation [actually three] pending since the day the reservation process opened up. We were promised deliveries in summer, but so far.....crickets. As for the X, as wonderful as some of its individual features are, some of its gee-whiz features [e.g., self-opening doors] are more eye candy than critical functionality. Notice I did not say useless, just not critical. And the non-folding second seat ["floodgate"] remains a disappointment to those of us who were in fact motivated by it. To call those seats the best seats ever built, well, that reminds me of Jobs over-the-top bravado. I went to almost every Jobs MacWorld keynote, and I loved it, but I still tried to keep my wits about me when choosing to pay my money. In this case, paying $100k+ for a car the functionality of which can be had for half [Volvo/Audi/etc.] needs to be looked at with an objective eye. I may still do it, but not on faith. I will look and test drive the x along with my other candidates.

Just as I am a fan [and shareholder] of Apple—but being so doesn't mean I think everything they do is flawless, or that I am blind to their missteps—I remain a fan of Tesla. I will keep my reservation for now, my shares, and hopefully take delivery on my home batteries soon. But don't try to sell me that the product is "fully finished" or "not rushed." It clearly is, and that's a pattern here. That doesn't mean Tesla has not made good in the past; I believe they will. Tesla has stubbed its toe more than once on execution, and the X development is simply a really big neon version of a long-delayed project. And last night itself was another example. Live streaming worked poorly, for most of the preso not at all, and Musk was late. It's almost a refrain.

I understand that you are not happy with the Model X.
Fortunately for Tesla, most reviewers who have actually seen and sit inside the Model X in person do like the car a lot.
The reviews so far are great.
Seeing and sitting does not put one in a position when driving curvy roads - in my opinion a second row armrest or console is essential (I'd go for the Founders ed. one)

Last edited:
I have good news for all fans of a more comfortable 2nd row option:
Roger from EVannex wrote that his company are "...already working on a rear center console for the Model X 2-2-2 configuration and should have a product available next year.
This console should be removable...

Thanks EVannex for saving my day!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ModelX and number12
I have good news for all fans of a more comfortable 2nd row option:
Roger from EVannex wrote that his company are "...already working on a rear center console for the Model X 2-2-2 configuration and should have a product available next year.
This console should be removable...

Thanks EVannex for saving my day!

Great news. looking forward to it.
please don't go on the cheap when doing this...
any high tech option you could throw in would be good. think LCD panel...