Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New download behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monday mobile service changed drivers door pillar camera due to a fault and upgraded to HW3 all in 1 1/2 hours. Cameras calibrated in about 6 miles and progress was shown by a growing blue ring around the grayed autosteer icon. Traffic control function did not appear until next morning after maps update. On a subsequent drive I noticed an amber download icon at upper right. It said downloading 2020.32.3. A progress bar was about 1/4 green with a note to connect to wi fi. When I returned home to my wi fi the download icon turned green and a very large 20+ Gb file continued to load for several hours at my slow 4 Mbps DSL. I then got a software upgrade message that took the usual 25 minutes. Later another very large download occurred that i think was games but no additional software upgrade message yet.
Apparently the large software downloads can load in segments when wi fi is available and then the software update is still the manageable 25 minutes for installation. Clever !

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
....Apparently the large software downloads can load in segments when wi fi is available and then the software update is still the manageable 25 minutes for installation. Clever !
Nothing new about this. I live in a high-rise and don't have WiFi. I have a couple of free WiFi spots I park near and I use my iPhone as a WiFi hotspot. I do almost all my updates piecemeal and have been doing it this way for over a year.