Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your daily driving is engaging and fun, there is going to be little interest in auto-pilot, but in annoying stop and go traffic, or long boring stretches of highway it is priceless.

Over the past 18 months it has been fun to see how much improvement Tesla has achieved. It seems to be getting better and better every couple months or so.

People doing the trial can be pretty certain that it will continue to get even better after they make their purchase.

Seems that Elon is taking personal interest in advancing the capabilities of autopilot and is tweaking the most recent potential releases in his own personal Tesla.

Got a call from Diagnostic Support and Virtual Service regarding my EAP trial. The guy needed about 30-60 min to "work on my car". Luckily I was just about to walk the dog and wasn't going anywhere till the evening anyway so he said he would get started and let me know when it was done.

I missed his call but the VM said that he re-initiated it and that it should push at 2am tomorrow morning. I will post here tomorrow with the update...

• Informative
Reactions: Darthbenji
I have the trial and my car purchase screen says EAP costs $7,000. I haven’t looked into if this is correct or if this is a mistake and it should actually cost $5,500 during the trial. Does anyone have information on that?
Yeah I didn't get trial but got it last time and decided to buy but for 5500. I tried my friend v9 and it's much better so that's why I'm wanting it now. If anyone know how to get 5500 please post

Update:

Woke up this morning and checked the app, summon had re-appeared. Got in the car and sure enough, the 30 day trial window was back up. Clicked enable and drove into work mostly with it on.

Only thing that isn't right is when I press order, the price is $7,000 + tax. Hopefully they get that resolved as well but I won't sweat it until closer to my trial expiration. Despite having it for 1 day last week, it is a full 30 day according to the counter for me.

• Disagree
Reactions: Darthbenji
Update:

Woke up this morning and checked the app, summon had re-appeared. Got in the car and sure enough, the 30 day trial window was back up. Clicked enable and drove into work mostly with it on.

Only thing that isn't right is when I press order, the price is $7,000 + tax. Hopefully they get that resolved as well but I won't sweat it until closer to my trial expiration. Despite having it for 1 day last week, it is a full 30 day according to the counter for me.

Same for me this morning, 30 day EAP trial re-appeared.
Only difference is when I hit the order tab, it come up blank.

A couple days ago, if I touched the ORDER NOW button on the autopilot screen, I would get a blank white page. Yesterday the order now button was grayed out and couldn't be pressed. Then later, it was back and the same blank white page afterwards.

I've called Tesla a couple times, and always get the same dull answer about I could only get the new AP trial if I didn't have the previous one. Well SO WHAT if I had the previous one, it wasn't version 9!!! I'll keep on them about it. I actually kind of like the Tesla on-hold music. But not enough to listen to it for an hour!

• Funny
Reactions: radiocycle
A couple days ago, if I touched the ORDER NOW button on the autopilot screen, I would get a blank white page. Yesterday the order now button was grayed out and couldn't be pressed. Then later, it was back and the same blank white page afterwards.

I've called Tesla a couple times, and always get the same dull answer about I could only get the new AP trial if I didn't have the previous one. Well SO WHAT if I had the previous one, it wasn't version 9!!! I'll keep on them about it. I actually kind of like the Tesla on-hold music. But not enough to listen to it for an hour!

Let's keep the fight.. they tell me the same story too. I have an escalated case open with them now. I will call back this Friday. I have to ask if they will have an update based on Elon's tweet giving us v8 autopilot trial users another chance on v9.

Reactions: GregRF
Let's keep the fight.. they tell me the same story too. I have an escalated case open with them now. I will call back this Friday. I have to ask if they will have an update based on Elon's tweet giving us v8 autopilot trial users another chance on v9.
I’m just trying to get my first. All I have is a screen that locks the car up every morning.

I was told today they’d have it sorted in 48-72 hours. I’ll update

Can you link to that tweet about V8 autopilot trial? I'd love the reference that too when I call. Their hard line with previous trial users is absurd.