TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New (East) Bay Area owner

Discussion in 'California' started by Cldysky, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Cldysky

Cldysky Member

Hello all,
    I'm almost a new 85d owner (delivery this Thursday) and I am so excited!! Wondering if there are any Bay Area groups out there? Also, a shout out to all you experienced owners who have shed wisdom on this awesome vehicle of ours!

2. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Congratulations on the upcoming delivery, and welcome to the TMC forums!

Here on TMC there's a Silicon Valley / Bay Area group, although it's not real active:

Silicon Valley (CA Bay Area) Tesla Club - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

I'm not aware of any physical Tesla groups for the Bay Area (someone feel free to correct me). As you have no doubt seen, there seem to be a gazillion Teslas of all types (Roadsters, S, X) on the Bay Area roads, so it's not for a shortage of owners. My slightly jaded view is that there are so many Teslas around here, they're not "special" anymore even in many owners' eyes, ergo no need for a owners/enthusiasts group. I'd love to be proven wrong on this point.

In any case there are a lot of us Bay Area residents here on TMC.

• Informative x 1
  3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Any idea how long it takes for them to approve new members to the group. It's been a week for me. I even PM'd the owner but he hasn't replied.

4. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

I remember it being on the order of a few hours for me. That having been said, I checked the owner's profile and he was last seen by the forum software "1w ago", so maybe he's just away from his computer? I have no particular insight into this situation unfortunately. :p

(Things picked up a bit since my post in February, we had some talk last week about doing a meet-up, and then there was some discussion about the Tesla Owner Socials in the Bay Area.)

Bruce.

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

I noticed he was away for a week, but I'm hoping there are other admins to the group.

What's funny is that I can see the titles of new messages in my alerts for the group but cant read them due to security.