Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (?) EDF EV tariff 'GoElectric'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d echo @ACarneiro ’s recommendation to formally complain. I did that after getting endless runaround from customer services. In my case, the person who handled the issue was outstanding. I didn’t have to chase any more, she worked as hard as she could to resolve the issue and always got back to me with an update when promised.

In the end, they couldn’t resolve the issue I had and handled problems like the mismatch of readings between suppliers on a switch.

Realistically, how would you state your overall off-peak rate and duration? I like the idea of Agile if I win, but feel that the onus on me to keep checking for the optimal time for charging would negate much of the benefit. How do you rationalise your tariff to be able to use it simply and meeting your schedule?

At 8p per kwhr all weekend and 9pm to 7am I think that would offset the increased off peak compared with my current 6p E7.

I've said it before. Agile is a no brainer as long as you can avoid the 16.00 to 19.00 period when it is about 20p per KwH. Otherwise the other21 hours per day every day are pretty low cost anything from 0 to 10p generally. If you have a battery or powerwall which will tide you over the 3 expensive hours it is set and forget!

That's crazy.

I haven't really had any major issues with EDF on E7, and it sounds as though there are many reasons why I should stay on E7 for the foreseeable future. 6p midnight to 7am isn't bad, and avoids possible issues with new meters and reactive power etc.

That's pretty good actually, though I like being able to charge on solar at the weekend knowing that if the sun goes in it's still only 8p. What I missed out with the above is this is the second time they will have agreed a meter reading with the previous supplier (after saying we didn't supply our reading fast enough... which we couldn't because they wouldn't accept one because we have a smart meter which they seemingly couldn't read for ages... for electricity, gas was fine) so they already have done this process once already!

So I got fed up of waiting and went onto the live chat to prod them. It turns out they'd sorted it out but not said anything. They do seem to have accepted the British Gas meter reading, as they should have done from day 1.

I asked them to generate a bill. This resulted in our direct debit dropping by 50%. This won't be maintained, but as we're over £300 in credit, I'm not complaining. Come the winter, when the solar stops doing so much during the day, and the air source heat pump is working harder, will be revised up again.

Currently earning more FIT payments each month than our combined gas an electric outgoings. Now we got a bill, I can also see that in June we actually used 8.5x more evening/weekend rate than day rate. :cool:

Reactions: Battpower
Looks like I'll be switching to standard variable, as the new GoElectric is fixed until March 2024 (with a £100 exit fee).
For me (weekend and evenings cheap rate), the standing charge is 32.99p/kWh / day 38.85p / kWh / night 16.75p / kWh.
Standard variable is standing charge 25.75 p/kWh and 25.02p / kWh (they mention night at 13.5p/kWh, but I think that is only if you can get Economy 7).
Personally I will wait on standard variable until March next year... and/or get solar panels and a battery for summer next year ;)
Not at all keen on locking these new rates until 2024...

Looks like I'll be switching to standard variable, as the new GoElectric is fixed until March 2024 (with a £100 exit fee).
For me (weekend and evenings cheap rate), the standing charge is 32.99p/kWh / day 38.85p / kWh / night 16.75p / kWh.
Standard variable is standing charge 25.75 p/kWh and 25.02p / kWh (they mention night at 13.5p/kWh, but I think that is only if you can get Economy 7).
Personally I will wait on standard variable until March next year... and/or get solar panels and a battery for summer next year ;)

Bad luck... We switched to Octopus Go when our fix ended at the end of August because EDF were going up over 20p/unit for day. While we thought about it, it went up to 25 and we thought that was expensive! Day rate on Go at the moment is 16.26p for us.

I'm currently on 19.5p/kWh on day and 8.5p/kWh night rate on EDF Go 98 until the end of Jan 22- not looking forward to having to move to the standard variable rate.
I've used considerably more night rate than day so it suited me.
Those new rates look horrendous!