TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Electric Vehicle to Complenent Your Tesla - Revolt on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by ERP, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ERP

ERP Ludicrous Member

I stumbled across this amazingly fun looking electric vehicle the other day. If you have an electric car and an electric lawnmower, an electric paraglider is the next logical step. I'm hoping this campaign can reach its goal.

REVOLT - Your revolutionary and affordable aircraft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. swaltner

swaltner Member

Kinda slick. I sent an query asking what the expected weight limit is for the pilot. I didn't see that listed on their Kickstarter page.

3. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

I spent time paragliding in the early years of this millennium. What was horrible about it was the overbearingly intense roar of its 2-stroke engines.

If a battery pack can deliver enough energy to its electric motors so that one can remain airborne for any significant time - this would, indeed, be a magnificent machine. I'll definitely stay posted.

4. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Now this is how Amazon could deliver instead of drones. :)

5. swaltner

swaltner Member

I got a reply back on the question about the weight limit; targeting 220 pounds as the max weight.

I saw a similar product (battery-powered paraglider) flying up at Oshkosh in the Ultralight area. As alluded to above, the difference in the noise profile between this and the ones powered by 2-stroke engines was pretty dramatic.

• Informative x 1
  6. swaltner

swaltner Member

I wasn't ready to order a system (I'm way to heavy for their gross weight listed above), but I did sign up for a t-shirt. They were about half-way to their goal with a couple days left, so they cancelled the project. They plan on relaunching at some point integrating changes based on the feedback they received. Here's the update I received: