Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Electric Vehicle to Complenent Your Tesla - Revolt on Kickstarter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ERP

Ludicrous Member
Apr 17, 2015
Colorado Springs
I stumbled across this amazingly fun looking electric vehicle the other day. If you have an electric car and an electric lawnmower, an electric paraglider is the next logical step. I'm hoping this campaign can reach its goal.

REVOLT - Your revolutionary and affordable aircraft.

luZlGJi.gif

I spent time paragliding in the early years of this millennium. What was horrible about it was the overbearingly intense roar of its 2-stroke engines.

If a battery pack can deliver enough energy to its electric motors so that one can remain airborne for any significant time - this would, indeed, be a magnificent machine. I'll definitely stay posted.

I got a reply back on the question about the weight limit; targeting 220 pounds as the max weight.

the power is equal to a 200-250cc motor so I think that up to 100kg (220lb) for sure the flight can be fun and dynamic, over this weight we didn't tested yet. Probably the flight can be possible, longer take off and shorter flight time.
What's your weight? Are you a pilot?

I saw a similar product (battery-powered paraglider) flying up at Oshkosh in the Ultralight area. As alluded to above, the difference in the noise profile between this and the ones powered by 2-stroke engines was pretty dramatic.

• Informative
Reactions: tvuolo
I wasn't ready to order a system (I'm way to heavy for their gross weight listed above), but I did sign up for a t-shirt. They were about half-way to their goal with a couple days left, so they cancelled the project. They plan on relaunching at some point integrating changes based on the feedback they received. Here's the update I received:

We have decided to cancel this campaign as we realized we will not meet our target goal in time. We are grateful to all those who supported us and look forward to having your support on our re-launch.

For the few people who have not completed the survey yet, we really have no way of getting a hold of you to inform you of the exact relaunch time and day. So please send us your email address or complete this form - http://www.flyrevolt.com/relaunch - so we can keep you updated.