TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New EM Fox Business interview

Discussion in 'Video' started by dpeilow, Aug 14, 2008.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

2. graham

graham Active Member

Interesting that in the new video Musk is now claiming to have delivered 28 cars and producing them at a rate of 5 per week. Those numbers are larger than any that I have heard the company say so far.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#3 doug, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
    I think instead of answering the question she asked, he answered the question he wanted to answer. My guess is that car #28 just finished the Hethel production line.

That lady is not too swift. I winced when she referred to Isaac Newton as a great explorer (and again when she referred to the Phoenix lander as a rover).

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

#4 dpeilow, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
    And Elon winced when she mentioned the USAF as the first Falcon 9 customer. Up until now I'm sure that was just "government".

Also - 29 cars were apparently built at the time of Goodwood, so that could well be higher by now.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Not sure if it's public knowledge, but actually there was a USAF satellite that was on a previous Falcon 1 launch that got destroyed. I figured he thought about that when he winced.

6. MyDreamCar

MyDreamCar I can't drive 55