Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Energy App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very anxiously awaiting the update. Maybe because mine is a 23 it's not dropped yet? I'm 11 days in and the high pitched whine which that update solves is driving me insane. If you know of any trips to help me get the update I'd appreciate it.
It sounds like your car is a recent delivery? If so, a factory firmware hold is not uncommon, where they prevent firmware updates for X weeks before transition into the latest. Probably done for stability when new cars are delivered, and also to ensure seamless bridge to newer firmware rather than stepping through multiple old versions with other issues. My firmware hold lasted a month, and there is nothing the Service Center or you can do about it. Unfortunately that means you are also stuck with the high pitch buzz.

It sounds like your car is a recent delivery? If so, a factory firmware hold is not uncommon, where they prevent firmware updates for X weeks before transition into the latest. Probably done for stability when new cars are delivered, and also to ensure seamless bridge to newer firmware rather than stepping through multiple old versions with other issues. My firmware hold lasted a month, and there is nothing the Service Center or you can do about it. Unfortunately that means you are also stuck with the high pitch buzz.
Yeah, picked up on 10/31. I hope they push me an update soon.

I find the new energy app lacking in real value. We bought our Model X to tow a travel trailer, and I really need two simple bits of information to optimize critical Speed vs. Range decisions that appear to be lacking in the app. These are instantaneous consumption in watt-hours per mile, and available range at this level. I really wish they would simply add a couple of fields somewhere in the abundant empty space on the app screen showing these raw values. Better yet, this information could be supplied on the dashboard display. It would provide everything you need to know to make it to the next supercharger in the shortest reasonable time.- Otis

I find the new energy app lacking in real value. We bought our Model X to tow a travel trailer, and I really need two simple bits of information to optimize critical Speed vs. Range decisions that appear to be lacking in the app. These are instantaneous consumption in watt-hours per mile, and available range at this level. I really wish they would simply add a couple of fields somewhere in the abundant empty space on the app screen showing these raw values. Better yet, this information could be supplied on the dashboard display. It would provide everything you need to know to make it to the next supercharger in the shortest reasonable time.- Otis
They had this "widget" on the dash of the legacy X - I'd like to hope they get it included in this one at some point. It feels like the software is very half baked...I think updates will bring a lot of improvements over the next 6 months.

Agree, adding Wh/mile data that's already on Trip screen to the Energy app will put everything in one place.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gratulin