TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New England delivery party

Discussion in 'New England' started by cinergi, Oct 13, 2012.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

The idea of me having a party of sorts after I get my car has come up a few times. Well, I have my car now :smile:
    I was originally planning today but couldn't make that work out and I've not put in the time to coordinate everything and give people enough heads-up. Therefore, I'm working on something for next weekend (20th or 21st). However in the meantime, I'm more than happy to meet people somewhere. In fact, I plan to check in with Natick and see if they all wanna play / ride in the car after work this Sunday (tomorrow, around 6pm) so I'll be around the Natick Mall, er Collection, at that point.

2. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

#2 mitch672, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    If you find yourself in South Boston/downtown, I'd love to meet up, and see how the Model S fits in the parking garage where I work (2 underground floors below 260 Franklin Street), its a bit tight, the Prius has no issue, but the Model S is bigger. There are spaces between elevator banks that I usually park in, probably wouldn't fit in one of those, but I only park there to be able to plug in the Plug in Prius (120V outlets nearby).

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I'm going to the Pats game on the 21st, so I'd vote for the 20th.

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

You going to stream it for those who are "geographically challenged" Ben? :wink::biggrin:

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Hah! That's both funny and an interesting idea :smile:

6. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Next you'll be asking the guests to sign releases :)

7. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Jets fan? :tongue:

8. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Someone ban this guy. :biggrin:

9. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

So I volunteered to host the event for Cinergi but we can only do it at my house in Natick after 4:30pm on Saturday or anytime on Sunday.
    Politically I can't escape any earlier than 4:30pm on Saturday but a friend with a 4-car garage in Southborough has volunteered his
    place if the weather isn't good.

10. Robert.Boston

Weather looks poor for next weekend :-(

I would prefer late Saturday, but realistically starting at 4:30 means there's little daylight for drives.

11. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

#11 mitch672, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    I'm in, let me know which day either works for me, and what you'd like me to bring for refreshments/food, can't wait to see it in person.

Edit: I will be bringing Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts, you can LMK your favorite donuts and I will try to bring them.

12. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Yeah...that's why I thought my friend's 4 car garage would be better...

Yup, with my friend's garage you guys could start earlier, I just can't be there then.
    But I've already seen the car... :)

13. Cepheus

Cepheus Member

I have saturday plans and maybe sunday as well. I might just have to get a personal test drive after work some day. :D

14. JRod0802

JRod0802 Member

I am also interesting in coming to check out the car (and hopefully get a test ride :smile:). Either day should work for me. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or if I should bring any food or refreshments.

15. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Looking like Sunday morning 10-12. How's that generally feel?
    I'll take RSVP's now and will share the address that way -- just PM me. Also let me know if you're bringing your Model S.
    It'll be outdoors (and probably cool so dress appropriately). And we could use help with food & drink (not too much -- I'm guessing under 10 people but will let folks know how big it'll get).

16. TroyS

TroyS Member

Count me and my Model S in!

17. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Can't wait to see your car too Troy!

18. ShortArc

ShortArc Member

Will definitely try and stop by tomorrow...alas no Model S yet.

19. Robert.Boston

EdA: thanks for hosting the party! It was great to see/meet everyone there. Even greater to see my son step out of Troy's Model S wearing a big EV grin! (Troy's car is Founder's #31, silver performance.) He's 16yo, and (if I were willing to let him drive my MS) could be part of the first generation of drivers never to fuel up at a gas station. (But, well, no; bad odds on accidents for new drivers means he'll get my A3.)

For those who weren't able to join, we had the pleasure of seeing two Model S Performance cars of Ben (@cinergi) and Troy, Mitch672's PiP, a BMW ActiveE, and, from the ICE side of superb, a Lamborghini LP 550-2 Spyder in metallic orange (with a gorgeous CF package), and a gorgeous red sports car that, I blush to say, I didn't ID. It was my first time seeing, and being in, a Model S in motion. Wow. Just, wow. Thanks, Ben and Troy, for showing off what great cars these are!

20. JRod0802

JRod0802 Member

Hi all! That was a great Model S party. Thanks for hosting it EdA! Ben and Troy brought their cars and gave rides to everyone there. A few people brought some other nice cars too. I took some pictures with my DSLR, but, like an idiot, I left the iso at 6400, so they're all really grainy :(

Attached Files: