Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I could come. I'm still waiting for my poor car to bum a ride across the country. She's been ready to ship for days now, with her electronic thumb out, but no luck hitching a ride...could be because she doesn't have her towel.

I thought I'd get delivery ahead of Robert and Jim, but alas not. Still convinced delivery order is based on number of TMC posts!

Enjoy your rides, gentlemen.

i would be very surprised if our cars weren't on the same truck. i'm in the same situation. car is finished and paid for. sitting in a parking lot in fremont.

I think my post failred to post:
It was a great morning. The horseless carriage unloaded the car at a nearby market, as my street was too small. EdA came by, and they unwrapped the car in front of us. For the first time, Ed saw the color that his car will be in just a few weeks. My brother, children, friend, neighbor came by as well. The first test drive was especially exciting, with my friends 11-year-old son throwing himself On the hood of the car. You may soon see that child's picture on the side if a milk carton. I am at work now, and will certainly post pictures later. Was a great day. Nicknamed the car Elwood, after the (metallic) blues brother of course.

Due Bill: a beer with the New England tesla folk. Nothing else.

I think my post failred to post:
It was a great morning. The horseless carriage unloaded the car at a nearby market, as my street was too small. EdA came by, and they unwrapped the car in front of us. For the first time, Ed saw the color that his car will be in just a few weeks. My brother, children, friend, neighbor came by as well. The first test drive was especially exciting, with my friends 11-year-old son throwing himself On the hood of the car. You may soon see that child's picture on the side if a milk carton. I am at work now, and will certainly post pictures later. Was a great day. Nicknamed the car Elwood, after the (metallic) blues brother of course.

Due Bill: a beer with the New England tesla folk. Nothing else.

Excellent name.
Elmwood picture.jpg
Elmwood.jpg

She finally got a ride last Sunday! Delivery expected 12/23. No DS to hold my hand, however.

Do I tip the delivery truck driver? Never sure about these things.

i got the same call. looks like we're on the same truck after all. hoping i get the paperwork from tesla in the next two days so i can get my plates. from reading other threads the consensus is that we don't tip the driver.

hoping i get the paperwork from tesla in the next two days so i can get my plates.

No paperwork arrived yet. Insurance and DMV closed over the weekend. If the 'S actually arrives on Sunday as planned (transport driver called, said it's a possibility), no driving around for me. Well, legally anyway. :rolleyes:

No paperwork arrived yet. Insurance and DMV closed over the weekend. If the 'S actually arrives on Sunday as planned (transport driver called, said it's a possibility), no driving around for me. Well, legally anyway. :rolleyes:

yep, same boat. little disappointed. was hoping to have my plates already. emailed and called tesla to try and track down the paperwork but didn't get a straight answer. the driver called and said he'd be here sunday. don't tell anybody but i think i'll just put my old plates on the new car. there's no way that car is going to sit in my garage for a couple of days without me driving it. for some reason i have an urge to drive to milford, CT :) the anticipation is killing me!

The flag has been planted in worcester massachusetts! took deliver this morning. posted some pics in the delivery thread. there were two more cars on the truck headed east. amazing car. i've been grinning all morning. never going back again...

Congratulations. Go Worcester!
I used to work there and my daughter went to college there so many good memories.
Worcester.JPG

Last edited:
Four deliveries in MA today off the same truck--dennis25 was first, I was last. Spent all afternoon playing, but not driving. As it's my wife's car, she gets the honors of doing the first drive, and she won't be home until tomorrow! I've waiting this long, I can hold out. Really. But I am allowed to play!

Interestingly, someone's USB stick filled with music was delivered with the car. So who says non-perf's don't get presents from Tesla. :smile:

The flag has been planted in worcester massachusetts! took deliver this morning. posted some pics in the delivery thread. there were two more cars on the truck headed east. amazing car. i've been grinning all morning. never going back again...

Worcester is my hometown. Nice to see a delivery there :smile: Congrats!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Woof! And ...
Interestingly, someone's USB stick filled with music was delivered with the car. So who says non-perf's don't get presents from Tesla. :smile:

:smile:

Model S VIN 1845, Sequence 1079, has landed safely and is accelerating through the greater Boston area daily. What else could keep me from posting for seven days?

Posted my thoughts and suggestions AND LOTS OF PICTURES OF METALLIC BLUE (named Elwood) here - ENJOY! Congrats Worcester above all ALL - Yahoo!

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions - Page 43

And posted more here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10246-Owners-delivery-stories-photos-and-first-impressions/page46?p=240696&viewfull=1#post240696

Last edited:
My non-delivery story:

1.) paid (wire) on the 18th
2.) on the 21st they said my car had departed on the 19th and was presently in TX and due to be in NJ on the 28th
3.) left for Curacao on the 22nd
4.) on the 28th checked with the guy signing for my car - he said he had no word from Tesla or the driver
5.) on the 29th checked with Tesla and they said the car was in NC (snow storms keeping it away?)
6.) on the 30th fly back from Curacao, leave Tesla cap my kids just gave me at security in Miami airport, find my title Fedex still covered in snow
7.) on the 31st hope to find my insurance guy so I can get the RMV-1 and the plates (even though I don't have physical possession of the car...?) no luck
finding insurance agent even though he assured me someone would be around before I left

So I'm assuming that I won't have to pay any 2012 excise tax?

Still waiting for word from the driver...
Bought a new cap yesterday...

/Ed

PS: DS emailed me within half hour of this posting saying the car is in Newark, NJ...awaiting further updates.
Was really hoping the car would arrive while I was gone because I'm getting after-market paint armor head-to-toe.
It is going directly into his garage to be armored...

Last edited:
My non-delivery story:

1.) paid (wire) on the 18th
2.) on the 21st they said my car had departed on the 19th and was presently in TX and due to be in NJ on the 28th
3.) left for Curacao on the 22nd
4.) on the 28th checked with the guy signing for my car - he said he had no word from Tesla or the driver
5.) on the 29th checked with Tesla and they said the car was in NC (snow storms keeping it away?)
6.) on the 30th fly back from Curacao, leave Tesla cap my kids just gave me at security in Miami airport, find my title Fedex still covered in snow
7.) on the 31st hope to find my insurance guy so I can get the RMV-1 and the plates (even though I don't have physical possession of the car...?) no luck
finding insurance agent even though he assured me someone would be around before I left

So I'm assuming that I won't have to pay any 2012 excise tax?

Still waiting for word from the driver...
Bought a new cap yesterday...

/Ed

Sounds like my story, minus the Curacao part (that was earlier last summer).