Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not strictly about deliveries (yet), but...

I'm 14,427, and I expect my finalize email to come up in the next few days. I can't decide between gray and blue exterior, but I think I'm set on gray leather and obeche matte trim. I think seeing them in person will make the decision for me. The gray seems like it lacks depth in the photos I've seen, but OTOH the blue looks so deep I feel like I might fall in it.

Is there anyone in the area with a gray or blue Model S that I could just drive out to see in person over the next few days? I'm in Marlboro, and am willing to drive anywhere within 50 miles to see either one in person. I really just want to do an exterior walk-around to take it in with real lighting.

Hello from a new member in Cambridge, MA. I've been interested in Tesla for a while because my nephew has been a motor engineer there since graduating from MIT in 2010. I reserved an S in early November (14,743) after he forwarded links to Automobile magazine and Yahoo Auto's COTY awards. It will replace my 2011 Audi A4 which I'm very happy with but kids are outgrowing the back seat.

I got my "time to configure" email last Friday, and am debating (along with the kids) between blue (oldest daughter) and green (son). They both rode with me on a test drive at the White Plains store in late November (Blue/Tan leather, 85, Pano, Air, Tech, Audio, 19" - almost exactly my spec) which was terrific. Connected with Wendy Chuah at the Natick store this week who said they will have a green S for test drives from Feb 1. Since I don't want to wait that long, I decided to stop by the Watertown Service Center this morning. I met Matt the manager who showed me several cars that just arrived - blue, green, black and gray - and watched a white one unloaded from a truck. All looked good, though I was surprised how dark both green and blue appeared. It was cloudy and they were dusty as they hadn't been washed yet after delivery, but those two colors are definitely dark. I will be going back with my kids to settle the debate once and for all, and suggest any of you thinking about interior and exterior colors as well as other options might want to stop by. There were nearly a dozen S's in total.

Quick question: has anyone seen the jump seats? None of the cars there had them - not sure they're shipping yet...

PeterK that Grey one you saw in Watertown was mine, I was just notified that my car arrived in Watertown today.

Now if I can only get the paperwork from Tesla to register the car, I can pick it up or get it delivered. It won't be much fun to look at the car and not be able to drive it... Sent them an email asking where the certificate of origin is, and the official bill of sale.

Edit: the "Registry team" is backed up, they are trying to get me the MCO soon, but it looks like I'll be a Californian until then :)

Picking it up in Watertown from Andrew tonight at 9PM (as soon as I can get my sister to get me their)

Last edited:
Hello from a new member in Cambridge, MA. I've been interested in Tesla for a while because my nephew has been a motor engineer there since graduating from MIT in 2010. I reserved an S in early November (14,743) after he forwarded links to Automobile magazine and Yahoo Auto's COTY awards. It will replace my 2011 Audi A4 which I'm very happy with but kids are outgrowing the back seat.

I got my "time to configure" email last Friday, and am debating (along with the kids) between blue (oldest daughter) and green (son). They both rode with me on a test drive at the White Plains store in late November (Blue/Tan leather, 85, Pano, Air, Tech, Audio, 19" - almost exactly my spec) which was terrific. Connected with Wendy Chuah at the Natick store this week who said they will have a green S for test drives from Feb 1. Since I don't want to wait that long, I decided to stop by the Watertown Service Center this morning. I met Matt the manager who showed me several cars that just arrived - blue, green, black and gray - and watched a white one unloaded from a truck. All looked good, though I was surprised how dark both green and blue appeared. It was cloudy and they were dusty as they hadn't been washed yet after delivery, but those two colors are definitely dark. I will be going back with my kids to settle the debate once and for all, and suggest any of you thinking about interior and exterior colors as well as other options might want to stop by. There were nearly a dozen S's in total.

Quick question: has anyone seen the jump seats? None of the cars there had them - not sure they're shipping yet...

Jump seats are not shipping yet to my knowledge. You should have asked Matt!
The parcel shelf isn't either.

You're probably the only person to have seen so many colors in one place before placing your order!
Both colors are definitely dark in shade, the blue lightens up in the sun, I haven't seen a green yet.

Ignore your kids and make an executive decision!

@PeterK: Welcome! I've got a green Model S over in Charlestown, so feel free to reach out if you want a second look/drive in one. The green is dark, but not as dark as the black. I took a bunch of pics driving around Cape Ann the day after I got my car, so it shows what a really clean green looks like in a variety of lighting conditions. These were all taken with a high-end Canon on a bright winter's day, yet you usually only see green highlights. Notice in the picture below that the panels are in full sunlight from almost directly behind the camera, yet the car could be mistaken as black except at the corners:
IMG_3284.JPG

Have yet to see a color I do not truly adore. I want one of each. I am Blue and completely joyful every time I open the garage door or leave work. I posted over a dozen pics 2 weeks ago in delivery stories thread - go to page one and click on ModelS1079 "Jimmy" (Nigel met my dad, I am forever Jimmy to him now).

Wait, here it is (several connecting pages follow the first - see links at the bottom):
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10246-Owners-delivery-stories-photos-and-first-impressions/page43?p=238444&viewfull=1#post238444

The green and the blue have the same effect on the viewer I think - deep, dark, saturated, confident.
That said, I love the way the white shows off the glass that runs with pano roof) from bow to stern.
Mitch's Dolphin Grey is just sweet.

PM me to see car in person -

- - - Updated - - -

Jump seats are not shipping yet to my knowledge. You should have asked Matt!
The parcel shelf isn't either.

You're probably the only person to have seen so many colors in one place before placing your order!
Both colors are definitely dark in shade, the blue lightens up in the sun, I haven't seen a green yet.

Ignore your kids and make an executive decision!

Wow. Love that. If you can photoshop out that Civic you have a photo to frame there. Perfect. I submit that as a challenge to our talented forumites...

Last edited:

New member here. P16420. Metrowest. Do you know long it is taking from time to configure to deliver? I figured it would be August before delivery for my reservation.Thanks.

[moderator's note: posts about front plates and EZPass have been moved here: Front Plates and EZPass in MA . Some collateral loss of congratulations to Mitch]

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome, @dgmanny! It's tough to tell at this point when you can expect delivery, but I think August is on the pessimistic side. There's a lot of scattered information flow over here: Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing - Page 75
and here: Latest date

From what I can glean, it wouldn't totally surprise me if you had your car in June. The factory is cranking the cars out at a tremendous rate.

That's ok Robert.Boston :)

I have a funny story to tell. so I have to get an inspection sticker within 7 days of getting the plates.. I have been buying Toyota's for a very long time from "Toyota of Braintree", so I take the Model S in this afternoon to get the inspection sticker. Well, its hard to describe the scene, but every single person working in the rather large service center (about 20-25 bays worth), stopped over to take a look at the Model S. It was in fact hard to get them focused on getting me the inspection sticker.. eventually they tried plugging in the Model S's OBD2 connector in to the computer they use for emisions, but it wouldn't sync up, then they couldn't find the Model S in the states database, they eventually found it, then it showed up as a "propane powered" vehicle, they overroad that setting to tell it it was an EV, and then it was ok, and I eventually got the sticker. Should have taken some pictures, but I was kind of busy answering questions... the biggest laugh was when I opened the "frunk" for them, they where like "where is your engine" :) The service people are aware of Tesla, I guess on a lot of the service advisories they get, Tesla is mentioned (they are a drive train supplier to the RAV4 EV program and an investor in Tesla as well). Many where aware of the car, but had never seen one, most where just very impressed that it was a "good looking EV" :)

@PeterK: Welcome! I've got a green Model S over in Charlestown, so feel free to reach out if you want a second look/drive in one. The green is dark, but not as dark as the black. I took a bunch of pics driving around Cape Ann the day after I got my car, so it shows what a really clean green looks like in a variety of lighting conditions. These were all taken with a high-end Canon on a bright winter's day, yet you usually only see green highlights. Notice in the picture below that the panels are in full sunlight from almost directly behind the camera, yet the car could be mistaken as black except at the corners:

Robert, thanks again for stopping by this afternoon to help me with my green-blue decision - which I still haven't made. You may have sold my neighbor on getting one to replace his Prius...

Here's a not very good iPhone shot of your car, looking very nice after the car wash.
-Peter

IMG_3355r.jpg

Update: was experimenting with the signature - below is not final but couldn't figure out how to delete once posted.

Just wondering as we move through January deliveries into February and Tesla has moved from direct deliveries (Fremont to you) to having cars stop off at Watertown for prepping before they are sent to their final destinations, are cars still being delivered to customers in those huge trucks like the kind seen in photos from Robert.Boston and ModelS1079? Since my window is 1/31-2/14 I'm curious as to what kind of truck I should be on the lookout for. I even changed my location of delivery to the Pheasant Lane Mall just to make it easier for the big truck to deal with. As #12103 with no VIN yet I know it's coming soon.

Just wondering as we move through January deliveries into February and Tesla has moved from direct deliveries (Fremont to you) to having cars stop off at Watertown for prepping before they are sent to their final destinations, are cars still being delivered to customers in those huge trucks like the kind seen in photos from Robert.Boston and ModelS1079? Since my window is 1/31-2/14 I'm curious as to what kind of truck I should be on the lookout for. I even changed my location of delivery to the Pheasant Lane Mall just to make it easier for the big truck to deal with. As #12103 with no VIN yet I know it's coming soon.

I doubt it. I think all of the New England cars are now being delivered to Watertown, then Andrew would put yours on the 20' trailer pulled by the pickup truck and deliver it to you that way. By doing it this way, Tesla can charge up the cars, inspect them for any damage, and control the delivery process.. You can even pickup your car in Watertown (which is what I did), then you will know where the service facility is, an you can meet Matt and the mechanics.

I doubt it. I think all of the New England cars are now being delivered to Watertown, then Andrew would put yours on the 20' trailer pulled by the pickup truck and deliver it to you that way. By doing it this way, Tesla can charge up the cars, inspect them for any damage, and control the delivery process.. You can even pickup your car in Watertown (which is what I did), then you will know where the service facility is, an you can meet Matt and the mechanics.

I actually did ask about picking the car up in Watertown or having it delivered to my workplace in Westford and was told that there would be tax implications of having a NH car delivered in Mass. I'm not surprised by that since I was told more or less the same thing when I got my Prius back in 2004. By the way, my wife looked at your picture when you got your car and then immediately looked at me. All she could say was "Yup!!" And I don't even have the car yet!!!!!!

That's ok Robert.Boston :)

I have a funny story to tell. so I have to get an inspection sticker within 7 days of getting the plates.. I have been buying Toyota's for a very long time from "Toyota of Braintree", so I take the Model S in this afternoon to get the inspection sticker. Well, its hard to describe the scene, but every single person working in the rather large service center (about 20-25 bays worth), stopped over to take a look at the Model S. It was in fact hard to get them focused on getting me the inspection sticker.. eventually they tried plugging in the Model S's OBD2 connector in to the computer they use for emisions, but it wouldn't sync up, then they couldn't find the Model S in the states database, they eventually found it, then it showed up as a "propane powered" vehicle, they overroad that setting to tell it it was an EV, and then it was ok, and I eventually got the sticker. Should have taken some pictures, but I was kind of busy answering questions... the biggest laugh was when I opened the "frunk" for them, they where like "where is your engine" :) The service people are aware of Tesla, I guess on a lot of the service advisories they get, Tesla is mentioned (they are a drive train supplier to the RAV4 EV program and an investor in Tesla as well). Many where aware of the car, but had never seen one, most where just very impressed that it was a "good looking EV" :)

I had just the opposite reaction at the local Mercedes dealer when I got my car inspected. "Yeah, we've seen a ''bunch'' of them...".

I actually did ask about picking the car up in Watertown or having it delivered to my workplace in Westford and was told that there would be tax implications of having a NH car delivered in Mass. I'm not surprised by that since I was told more or less the same thing when I got my Prius back in 2004. By the way, my wife looked at your picture when you got your car and then immediately looked at me. All she could say was "Yup!!" And I don't even have the car yet!!!!!!

Well, if the car can't be picked up in MA, they could still put it on the 20' trailer and deliver it from the Watertown Service center.
Delivery point would then be in NH, either way they are going to have to meet you for a short training session.

Yeah my sister was quick with that camera :)

Invite to anyone passing through NH-16 Spaulding Turnpike. Plug into 240 and chat about your Model S for an hour in Dover, NH. I am P4229 still without a car because I am getting the 40kwh.
That's great, thanks; we're often heading up to Jackson NH along that route, and while it's an easy run up (when I know I can start with a full charge), your place could be really helpful coming home. Have you put yourself on Plugshare.com? Great app.

13 New Model S's in Watertown. 13 lives about to be Tesla-Grinned, Nividia-Lit, and Elon-Electrified.

I talked to my internal DS last week and was told that my car (vin 4517) was already on a truck. I then called UPS and they confirmed that. They gave me an ETA for Watertown of Monday 02/04. I wonder if the truck was early and one of the cars you saw was mine? I hope my car doesn't have to spend too much time chatting with the others there.