Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got EV plates, but on the EZ Pass (nee Fastlane) web site you can't choose "EV" in the pull down for the license plate type. The closest is emergency vehicle.
I had to call the service center to get them to update it manually.

Still waiting for my delivery window (tried to log into the new iPhone app but it says there are no vehicles linked to my account :mad:) but in the meantime corresponded with EZ Pass about the lack of Electric Vehicle plate type in the pull down. Here's their reply:

Hi Peter,
Thank you for emailing the Massachusetts Department of Transportation
(MassDOT). Our mission is to provide the highest quality customer
service to residents and visitors, with a focus on safety and
efficiency.

That plate type will be added when a system upgrade is done.

You can still add the vehicle to the account now and just leave the plate type as normal.

Please contact MassDOT if you have additional questions, comments or if
we can be of further assistance. Thank you again for your email, and
have a wonderful day.

Thank you,
Taryn Bonina
Natick Associate Supervisor

E-ZPass Massachusetts

For news and updates check out our website www.mass.gov/massdot, blog at
www.mass.gov/blog/transportation or follow us on twitter at
www.twitter.com/massdot.

The day finally came today. WOW! What a car. After spending 2hrs with Andrew (great job by the way) my wife and I drove around and stopped for lunch at a 99 where charging was also on the menu. Showing it off to a friend or two, then home for charging while watching the fun on the new Android app from the nice warm inside.:biggrin:

The day finally came today. WOW! What a car. After spending 2hrs with Andrew (great job by the way) my wife and I drove around and stopped for lunch at a 99 where charging was also on the menu. Showing it off to a friend or two, then home for charging while watching the fun on the new Android app from the nice warm inside.:biggrin:

Congrats!

First one in NH? I have yet to see one anywhere whether in state or out. Still hoping mine will come in April.

Congrats -- let me guess that that this is a picture of your car, take by @EdA.

My Delivery button appeared this evening! Just submitted to pick up at Watertown during my Mar 6-20 window. Can't wait, but glad we should be nearly done with winter by then.

To recap:
Store visit: Nov. 11 afternoon @ Natick
Reservation: Nov 11 night
Test drive: Nov 23 @ White Plains
First sighting in wild: Jan 3
Config email: Jan 11
Watertown visit: Jan 17
Green viewing and family test ride (thanks, Robert!): Jan 21
Config submitted: Jan 22
Paperwork complete: Jan 23
Delivery button appeared: Feb 10
Delivery submitted: Feb 10
Delivery window: Mar 6-20

My Delivery button appeared this evening! Just submitted to pick up at Watertown during my Mar 6-20 window. Can't wait, but glad we should be nearly done with winter by then.

To recap:
Store visit: Nov. 11 afternoon @ Natick
Reservation: Nov 11 night
Test drive: Nov 23 @ White Plains
First sighting in wild: Jan 3
Config email: Jan 11
Watertown visit: Jan 17
Green viewing and family test ride (thanks, Robert!): Jan 21
Config submitted: Jan 22
Paperwork complete: Jan 23
Delivery button appeared: Feb 10
Delivery submitted: Feb 10
Delivery window: Mar 6-20

Awesome!! Somewhat jealous, my story is something like this:

NRP story: 10/2010
Reservation: 10/15/2010
wait wait wait wait wait
Join TMC: 3/2011
wait wait wait wait wait
Meet Cinergi + his Roadster @Tesla event: 2/2012
wait wait wait
Test drive (Mahwah): 7/2012
Config email: ~8/15/2012
Config submitted: ~9/15/2012
wait wait wait wait wait
Pay: 12/18/2012
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait
Car arrives: 1/8/2013
First Model S in wild (excluding Ben's + 1 other at my house): 2/7/2013

I just saw this thread: Cars bound for Boston destroyed in transit?
Ouch. Anyone here lose a car?

Not me, fortunately. My Blue or Green (still trying to keep the kids guessing) S hasn't been issued a VIN yet - I try to log into the app regularly with no success.

Awesome!! Somewhat jealous, my story is something like this:

NRP story: 10/2010
Reservation: 10/15/2010
wait wait wait wait wait
Join TMC: 3/2011
wait wait wait wait wait
Meet Cinergi + his Roadster @Tesla event: 2/2012
wait wait wait
Test drive (Mahwah): 7/2012
Config email: ~8/15/2012
Config submitted: ~9/15/2012
wait wait wait wait wait
Pay: 12/18/2012
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait
Car arrives: 1/8/2013
First Model S in wild (excluding Ben's + 1 other at my house): 2/7/2013

EdA, I understand you might be jealous of someone getting in 4 months what took you over 2 years. If it's any consolation, i've been following Tesla and the Model S since my nephew started working there as a motor engineer in the summer of 2010. I got more and more interested last summer, but when he forwarded Automobile's COTY award I decided to visit Natick and was hooked. I was prepared and expecting to wait until July or August, so was surprised to get the config email in early January!

Unfortunately my garage power situation is complicated, so the car may arrive before I have a reasonable charging setup. But I fly out of Logan regularly, so may do some charging there. Robert, I think you mentioned doing that - what's the longest you've left your green beauty there?

Not me, fortunately. My Blue or Green (still trying to keep the kids guessing) S hasn't been issued a VIN yet - I try to log into the app regularly with no success.

EdA, I understand you might be jealous of someone getting in 4 months what took you over 2 years. If it's any consolation, i've been following Tesla and the Model S since my nephew started working there as a motor engineer in the summer of 2010. I got more and more interested last summer, but when he forwarded Automobile's COTY award I decided to visit Natick and was hooked. I was prepared and expecting to wait until July or August, so was surprised to get the config email in early January!

Unfortunately my garage power situation is complicated, so the car may arrive before I have a reasonable charging setup. But I fly out of Logan regularly, so may do some charging there. Robert, I think you mentioned doing that - what's the longest you've left your green beauty there?

I'd get on that charging situation soon! I'm guessing you have a detached garage with no power?

I'm only half joking about being jealous, obviously I have my car and enjoy it every chance I can get!

I've only left the car at Logan for a long overnight (in @7am, out @7pm next day). Longer than that, and I just take a cab over, which is cheaper and guarantees no door-dings. There is an ample number of free ChargePoints in the garages (both Central and Terminal B), so I wouldn't feel guilty about hogging the space for a longer run. Also, with the new 4.2 firmware, the Model S maintains the connection with the ChargePoint even after the initial charge is complete. Consequently, it can draw top-up current when it needs to, which could be handy if you're gone a while.

I hope you've got at least a 120v outlet in the garage! You'll definitely want to get a NEMA 14-50 installed over there somehow, though.

I hope you've got at least a 120v outlet in the garage! You'll definitely want to get a NEMA 14-50 installed over there somehow, though.

Thanks, Robert. Yes I have 120v and may even be able to tap into my neighbor's 14-50. I know he put in a line because he's considering a plug-in Prius (though you may have changed his mind with the ride in your MS!) but not sure if he has an outlet yet. The complications come from being a condo association with shared power in the garage so I need to put in a separately metered line.

I just got my VIN in an email from Wendy Chuah! Interestingly, they would temporarily install a NEMA 6-50 (which according to the Tesla site are for welding equipment), not a 14-50:

I also wanted to inform you that currently Tesla does not have a set date range for when you will be receiving your High Power Wall Connector which you have on order. The High Power Wall Connector has begun shipping and will ship in the order in which they were reserved. As it will not arrive before your Model S we do have a temporary solution. SolarCity is actually able to prepare your home for the High Power Wall Connector and temporarily install a NEMA 6-50 outlet which Tesla has adapters for (we will include one with your Model S should you do this.) With this charging set-up, you can still charge quite fast (40amps) and when your new Connector arrives, installation will be simple. SolarCity is aware of this arrangement, and will not be charging customers for two separate visits.

If they're throwing in a 6-50 adapter on top of the 14-50 that's already included, I guess I might as well have both. Thoughts as to why they would do one vs. the other?

PeterK, the 6-50 only requires 3 wires (hot/hot/ground), the recommendation from Tesla is to run the large gauge wire required for the HPWC (usually #3 copper), then have the electrician wire nut that to smaller #6 AWG copper for the temporary 6-50. He would also have to put on a 50A breaker, that would later be swapped for the 100A breaker required for the HPWC

The #3 wire is expensive, by using a 6-50, you avoid having to buy a 4th wire (a #3 neutral, that will not be used, but is required for a 14-50 to meet code)

Get it now? Of course for RV Parks, you want the 14-50, as that's what's commonly found their.
The adapters are $45, so it's not really a big deal to have ALL of them
(I have them all now expect for the 14-30)

Hello All, long time member but not a big contributor/viewer. Just took delivery of my Grey P85 on Tuesday. A little surpised that the CF spoiler, cargo cover, and wall charger are all back ordered, but the rest of the car is as expected; fantastic. Looking forward to many happy miles. Car is in Fairfield, CT and socket open to charging (and eventually wall charger) if you are in the area. We are about a mile off 95 but only 10 miles from rest stop super charges in Milford.

Hello All, long time member but not a big contributor/viewer. Just took delivery of my Grey P85 on Tuesday. A little surpised that the CF spoiler, cargo cover, and wall charger are all back ordered, but the rest of the car is as expected; fantastic. Looking forward to many happy miles. Car is in Fairfield, CT and socket open to charging (and eventually wall charger) if you are in the area. We are about a mile off 95 but only 10 miles from rest stop super charges in Milford.

Congrats!

Cargo cover is still back ordered.
I'm trying to get that, the Tesla flat repair kit and the premium mats. "Don't call us, we'll call you..."