Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

Cargo cover is still back ordered.
I'm trying to get that, the Tesla flat repair kit and the premium mats. "Don't call us, we'll call you..."

Thanks EdA, I was about to call to check on the Cargo Shelf. Did anyone notice they made the Tesla store page fancier, but we still have no all weather floor mats available :( (although you can no buy just the 1st row premium or 2nd row premium mats instead of the set, but for more money of course). My problem with them is the shipping charges are still too high, they should offer these at the service centers with no or minimal shipping charges.

Shop Tesla Gear Model S

Get it now? Of course for RV Parks, you want the 14-50, as that's what's commonly found their.
The adapters are $45, so it's not really a big deal to have ALL of them
(I have them all now expect for the 14-30)

Got it - thanks Mitch. I've got SolarCity coming again with their subcontractor tomorrow morning - pushing them to rush because my car is apparently on a truck somewhere east of Arizona, due to arrive in Watertown at the beginning of next week. So I might be able to pick it up next Wednesday or Thursday! And then take it on a drive to NYC on Friday, to see my son's track meet on Saturday (and blow away a number of relatives in the NY area).

Last edited:
Got it - thanks Mitch. I've got SolarCity coming again with their subcontractor tomorrow morning - pushing them to rush because my car is apparently on a truck somewhere east of Arizona, due to arrive in Watertown at the beginning of next week. So I might be able to pick it up next Wednesday or Thursday! And then take it on a drive to NYC on Friday, to see my son's track meet on Saturday (and blow away a number of relatives in the NY area).

I hope you're as surprised as they are with the color :)

I hope you're as surprised as they are with the color :)

Unfortunately I won't be surprised by the color - but I know I'll be surprised (as well as delighted of course) with the car, despite having sat in a few, driven one, rode in one, and read just about everything I could. I made my decision but I'm still a bit torn after stopping by Watertown today - 24 brand new Teslas in the lot, a few more inside, and a gray one just leaving the lot on Andrew's trailer. All looked beautiful - and every color but Red and Signature Red was represented (though to be honest I didn't check if both whites were there or not). They all look good - sorry for no picture but it was a pretty gray day. VINS in the mid-high 5000s - I only looked at a couple, 54xx and 58xx, just to make sure that mine hadn't slipped in already. Spoke to one of the guys who said they hadn't seen any 6xxx, but then again at 600x mine will be one of the first.

As far as Tesla presales support goes, I have been in touch with John Stocklin in CA and Andrew Clark in MA who have both been very helpful with paperwork, etc. Yesterday I asked them about the certificate of origin my insurance agent needs, and they said it could be sent as soon as they received payment. So I told him I was paying that day, and to make sure it got issued. Andrew gave the issuing team a heads-up and promised I'd have it by Fedex Monday after they confirmed the ACH. Fedex delivered it this morning. With any luck I'll have the car by Friday morning, in time for my trip.

SolarCity is also moving quickly - their electric service subcontractor will be here on Wednesday, and the constraint will likely be getting NStar to add a new meter (and the HPWC of course, as they're only shipping limited quantities).

My car arrived at Watertown today! Will be ready for pickup tomorrow evening! Now all I need to do is get home from Chicago tonight...

I asked Andrew to have them turn on remote access to amuse me at O'Hare, promising not to do anything stupid. Time to try logging in.

My car arrived at Watertown today! Will be ready for pickup tomorrow evening! Now all I need to do is get home from Chicago tonight...

I asked Andrew to have them turn on remote access to amuse me at O'Hare, promising not to do anything stupid. Time to try logging in.

Good luck getting back...Photos of your families reaction to the color.

Good luck getting back...Photos of your families reaction to the color.

Made it back with only 30 minutes' delay for deicing, surprisingly. This evening took most of the family (littlest stayed home with Mom), a nephew and a friend to Watertown. Our son who wanted green was briefly disappointed (got over it pretty quickly, as he programmed himself a seat memory and operated the media), and nephew also said he liked green, but all others were happy to have blue. It is a beautiful color, but so are all of them...

Andrew and team were great - really made us comfortable with the car and its operation. Afterwards I averaged somewhere north of 520 on the energy graph, gunning it at a few lights and then after dropping off the girls, bombing down Rte 2 from Fresh Pond to Rte 128 and back. Briefly hit 90... Despite a rainy night we got some head-turning from pedestrians in Harvard Square, and a thumbs-up from a guy in an SUV at a light on Mass Ave. Put her to bed trickle-charging at 2mph on the 110v.

A couple of photos - will post more on the delivery stories thread when I get some time.
IMG_3484.jpg
IMG_3485.jpg

Last edited:
Peter!

Sweet! Enjoy...better weather coming this weekend...

/Ed

PS: Good choice of colors!

Thanks, Ed.

Tomorrow I'm driving solo to NYC for our son's two-day track meet. Will stop in Milford both ways and either do 110v in my mother's garage overnight or find a chargepoint. My question for the experienced members of the DC drive and others: should I range charge tonight before the 140 miles to Milford? Or wait until I get there to do so? I don't want to Broder my 2 day old car, but received it with a range charge because my line isn't in yet and would prefer not to do three range charges in a row.

What do/would you do?

Thanks, Ed.

Tomorrow I'm driving solo to NYC for our son's two-day track meet. Will stop in Milford both ways and either do 110v in my mother's garage overnight or find a chargepoint. My question for the experienced members of the DC drive and others: should I range charge tonight before the 140 miles to Milford? Or wait until I get there to do so? I don't want to Broder my 2 day old car, but received it with a range charge because my line isn't in yet and would prefer not to do three range charges in a row.

What do/would you do?

I think it is safe to range charge tonight and at the supercharger.

Note: I've never range charged yet!

Thanks, Ed.

standard charge is fine to get from boston to milford then from milford to NY. You'll be able to replenish what you used from boston to milford in 30 minutes. it's a bit of a stretch between milford and delaware (200 miles) but the milford charger is in a good location to go to NY and back. it would be nice to find a charge point charger for overnight in NY as 110 volts doesn't give you much (2-5 mph). i would avoid the range charge.

I agree with @dennis25. The extra 25 miles of range you'd tuck into the car at home with a Range charge will take approximately 5 minutes to recover at the Milford SC, so I'd choose to start with a Standard charge. 140 miles, easy. From there to The Armory in NYC is only 67.4 miles, taking the Merritt Parkway, so round-trip back to northbound Milford is 135 miles; easy. If you can plug in at your mother's overnight, all the better. But these are very easy drives; no need for a Range charge, IMO.

Thanks, all. Now the snow is throwing a wrench in my plans. Seems to be much less as get closer to New Haven / NYC, but some challenging conditions and imagine the ongoing defroster use, etc. will hit my range. Will watch the forecasts for the next couple of hours then decide what to do.

My Vermont delivery will be TOMORROW! (Short of an earthquake or other cataclysm, that is.) My pearl/black Model S Performance has been patiently waiting at the Boston service center. Perhaps some of you have seen it there...

DSC_5089med.jpg

I will report back with photos, videos, a novel, and perhaps a feature film based on the novel. Suffice it to say, my 15-year-old son is about to pass out with anticipation.

My Vermont delivery will be TOMORROW! (Short of an earthquake or other cataclysm, that is.) My pearl/black Model S Performance has been patiently waiting at the Boston service center. Perhaps some of you have seen it there...

View attachment 17937

I will report back with photos, videos, a novel, and perhaps a feature film based on the novel. Suffice it to say, my 15-year-old son is about to pass out with anticipation.

Are all these cars in Vermont??????????????????????????????????????