Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Automotive Elegance we service any vehicle and any need of a customer in the paint protection world! However this is a Tesla website so we are here to focus on Tesla owners and their specific needs.

The delivery dates have been really erratic for new Model 3 owners and we have been working with them to get their car's into our shop with as little time on the road as possible. This way, there is less of a chance of something happening to the car before we can protect it.

- Tesla's in general have a very big face, the front bumper on your cars is much more susceptible to bugs, road debris, rocks, etc. than many other cars. The roads in New England can be especially brutal.

I'd be really interested in starting a conversation about the areas on Tesla's, not just model 3's, that get beat up the most.
Our Tesla customers have always been very passionate and if I can help both them, and anyone on this website with how to best protect their paint it would be a success!

Rainville_170925-01938.jpg

where did you get the paint protection applied? we actually have a model X coming in next week to get the entire car wrapped, but I do have a couple model 3's in. I always say the full front, rockers, and rear bumper but as someone who owns one, is there anywhere else that seems to get beat up?

I had mine fully wrapped at QCar care. So far, I had front bumper passenger corner scratched, probably by a pedestrian. Both front doors bottom was hit by a small rock, hardly noticeable. I peeled and re-wrapped the driver side door myself since there is no paint correction needed and the hit was into the paint. Passenger side hit was deep into the paint, ended up respray and re-wrap that side. Kinda makes me not want to do it again on my upcoming X.

BTW, QCar care throws in Automotive Elegance's brochure every time I went there. lol. are you guys same company or same owner.

I had mine fully wrapped at QCar care. So far, I had front bumper passenger corner scratched, probably by a pedestrian. Both front doors bottom was hit by a small rock, hardly noticeable. I peeled and re-wrapped the driver side door myself since there is no paint correction needed and the hit was into the paint. Passenger side hit was deep into the paint, ended up respray and re-wrap that side. Kinda makes me not want to do it again on my upcoming X.

BTW, QCar care throws in Automotive Elegance's brochure every time I went there. lol. are you guys same company or same owner.
No not the same owner or company, but we will partner with them to do some of their film work. I'd definitely like to see the damage to the film on your car, usually it takes a pretty good hit from something - rock, debris, sticks, etc. - to cause what you are talking about. That's an unfortunate circumstance.

Had my full front and rear bumper done at QCar care, and a day later got a rock hit in a place I don't think anyone had planned on: the chrome stem holding the driver's side view mirror. It's nothing major, but my initial thought was that seems like a place that would be hard to wrap, but make sense to do if doing the whole front. Also, I know folks don't like to see lines, but the A pillar might make sense if not doing the whole car.

Had my full front and rear bumper done at QCar care, and a day later got a rock hit in a place I don't think anyone had planned on: the chrome stem holding the driver's side view mirror. It's nothing major, but my initial thought was that seems like a place that would be hard to wrap, but make sense to do if doing the whole front. Also, I know folks don't like to see lines, but the A pillar might make sense if not doing the whole car.

the A- pillars are a great spot to do. they unfortunately are a place that gets a good amount of wear and tear that you don't first think of. for the mirror the film would not work because it wont stick to chrome. any painted surface of the mirror can be covered though.

I will happily endorse AE, they recently front wrapped my 3 and full wrapped my friend's S in XPel, but the same folks have applied PPF to my last several cars all the way back to the Autobahnd days. Top notch work and always recommended for new cars especially in New England.

I will happily endorse AE, they recently front wrapped my 3 and full wrapped my friend's S in XPel, but the same folks have applied PPF to my last several cars all the way back to the Autobahnd days. Top notch work and always recommended for new cars especially in New England.

Thank you so much for that glowing endorsement. We were happy to protect that beautiful shade of blue you ordered yours in. With how many Tesla's we do and how many color options we have seen, yours is definitely one of our favorites!

Reactions: JWardell