Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Travel Vetting Wanted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, many of you have been very helpful on the White Mountain Hotel Charging Thread but I thought I would start a new thread as this is a little OT.

Due to the lack of Level 2 facilities in NH and ME I have worked up a slightly different itinerary to accomplish my Moose viewing weekend and subsequent Martha's Vineyard trip and I wanted to vet it with some locals.

July 19 Drive 180 miles from Westchester NY to Ski House in West Dover VT range charge overnight on 14-50.

July 20 Drive 120 miles from West Dover, VT to Camp Walt Whitman for visiting day. Charge 6 hours during day at camp supplied 14-50 outlet. Around 4pm drive 65 miles along scenic RT 112 to North Conway NH. In North Conway I intend to find an Inn or B&B in town that will provide a 110v outlet to allow me to charge the car. Suggestions of nice establishments are welcome. Charging the car from 8pm Saturday night until 8am Sunday morning (36 hours) on a 110v outlet will be more than enough time to give me a full range charge. During this time in North Conway I can fulfill my obligation to my wife to do some Moose Viewing as well as hiking and shopping and from what I can tell i will not need a vehicle.

Monday July 22 head off to North Kingstown RI Ferry via Boston. Total miles to North Kingstown is 220 which is too much to arrive comfortably without topping off. My plan is to stop in Boston to charge at a J1772 for 2 hours which should give us the cushion we need to finish the journey. Any suggestions for places to eat and things to do as well as public charging stations nearby again are appreciated! After topping off the plan is to continue to North Kingstown and park at the commuter rail station 2 miles from the dock. At the rail station there are several J1772 stations available which will provide me with a full charge while we are on MV.

Friday July 26 Return from MV drive to Milford Supercharger to top off and then continue home to Westchester.

Thoughts suggestions.

I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Great idea! I too am looking for advice for NH/ME travel :).

My plan is to stop in Boston to charge at a J1772 for 2 hours which should give us the cushion we need to finish the journey. Any suggestions for places to eat and things to do as well as public charging stations nearby again are appreciated! After topping off the plan is to continue to North Kingstown and park at the commuter rail station 2 miles from the dock. At the rail station there are several J1772 stations available which will provide me with a full charge while we are on MV.

DOWNDOWN BOSTON
1) I Park at the Boston Common Parking Garage (0 Charles St, Boston, MA) daily (M-F) - it has 4 free Chargepoints on the middle level. You have endless options in this area to eat/dine :) - The cost of parking (weekend) is $12
2) you could park at Government Center - 4 ours of prime location parking, 4 free Chargepoint chargers. North End is walking distance with lots of great Italian restaurants and pastry places (Mike's Pastry and Modern Pastry)
3) A bit further, and not so nice are the garages in the Seaport Area/District (South Boston). If you park at Seaport hotel, you don't have very many options for eatery, but Del Frisco has great food! ($$$$)

OUTSIDE OF BOSTON
If you want to avoid the city, consider charging at either the Natick Showroom (1 HPWC) or contact the great folks at the Watertown Service Center (1 HPWC). Showroom has all chain / food-court eateries.

If you want to avoid the mess/hassle and leave as quickly as possible, without much issue, feel free to contact me - I'm right in Newton, and we have 2 (two) HPWC's :)
-bhuwan

Thanks for the Boston info this will be useful!

Great idea! I too am looking for advice for NH/ME travel :).

DOWNDOWN BOSTON
1) I Park at the Boston Common Parking Garage (0 Charles St, Boston, MA) daily (M-F) - it has 4 free Chargepoints on the middle level. You have endless options in this area to eat/dine :) - The cost of parking (weekend) is $12
2) you could park at Government Center - 4 ours of prime location parking, 4 free Chargepoint chargers. North End is walking distance with lots of great Italian restaurants and pastry places (Mike's Pastry and Modern Pastry)
3) A bit further, and not so nice are the garages in the Seaport Area/District (South Boston). If you park at Seaport hotel, you don't have very many options for eatery, but Del Frisco has great food! ($$$$)

OUTSIDE OF BOSTON
If you want to avoid the city, consider charging at either the Natick Showroom (1 HPWC) or contact the great folks at the Watertown Service Center (1 HPWC). Showroom has all chain / food-court eateries.

If you want to avoid the mess/hassle and leave as quickly as possible, without much issue, feel free to contact me - I'm right in Newton, and we have 2 (two) HPWC's :)
-bhuwan

I posted on the other thread where to charge at a J1772 in Gorham (20 mi or so north of Conway) and see moose (drive another 10-20 miles north from Gorham).

The Post Office Square parking lot has free chargers downtown (but not cheap parking rates). Also Cambridgeside Galleria mall has free J1772s, a typical food court and mall eateries, but also some nicer places at the Sonesta Hotel across the street, and a great, reasonable Thai place down the block called Similans (The Similans - East Cambridge - Cambridge, MA).