Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome, dgmanny! I was debating between blue and green when I thought to visit Matt a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the service center isn't usually open on Saturdays (by appointment). Nice of him to let you drive around the block, but last weekend Brian at Natick explained the test drive course to me. Get on the Turnpike at exit 13, five miles at highway speed to exit 12 and then back on Route 9 to the mall. Some nice, curving on and off ramps to enjoy.

The test car is green. It is definitely a dark green. Nice with a beige interior.

I am hoping someone here can help answer the following question. I flipped it to my accountant, but haven't heard back. Are there any restrictions to getting multiple $7,500 credits if you buy multiple EV vehicles? I am about to finalize my model s order and bought a volt in 2012 and getting the credit for the volt.

Also, are there any Massachusetts state incentives? I saw something about a bill regarding a sales tax exemption, but I am wondering if it passed, or if anyone has a status on it. I am about to finalize my order. Thanks for the help. This forum has been great.

The test car is green. It is definitely a dark green. Nice with a beige interior.
My MS is green/tan, too. Pleasures that never cloy. :biggrin:

I am hoping someone here can help answer the following question. I flipped it to my accountant, but haven't heard back. Are there any restrictions to getting multiple $7,500 credits if you buy multiple EV vehicles? I am about to finalize my model s order and bought a volt in 2012 and getting the credit for the volt.
Answered over in the Energy, Enviro & Policy thread; short answer is, no problem (but IANAL).

Also, are there any Massachusetts state incentives? I saw something about a bill regarding a sales tax exemption, but I am wondering if it passed, or if anyone has a status on it.
Sadly, no, none of the New England states have any incentives (see Plug-in-America's site). Further discussion? Please start a new thread.

Attachments

• Find Charging Stations.JPG
    Find Charging Stations.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
At little late checking in but...

Dave from Berlin MA

12/07/2012 - Visited Natick showroom
12/10/2012 - Place reservation (#15,612)
01/21/2013 - Invited to configure
01/22/2013 - Configured my Model S (P85, Silver, Pano Roof, 19" wheel, Black interior, Obeche Gloss Decor)
02/11/2013 - Specified delivery details
02/12/2013 - Test drove MS (Natick showroom)

03/13/2013 - 03/27/2013 Delivery window

At little late checking in but...

Dave from Berlin MA

12/07/2012 - Visited Natick showroom
12/10/2012 - Place reservation (#15,612)
01/21/2013 - Invited to configure
01/22/2013 - Configured my Model S (P85, Silver, Pano Roof, 19" wheel, Black interior, Obeche Gloss Decor)
02/11/2013 - Specified delivery details
02/12/2013 - Test drove MS (Natick showroom)

03/13/2013 - 03/27/2013 Delivery window

welcome! and congrats! that's a quick turnaround. yer gonna love it!

Yes, welcome recent New England visitors (I can say that now that I have the car 2 months right?).

If I had to pick one item that keeps impressing me vs. other "fast" cars, it would be that the Model S is so easy to drive smoothly at lower stop & go speeds, and then so easy & smooth to transition to high speed when needed. It is much more controllable than other cars I've had with mid-high torque. The accelerator pedal modulation gets major credit I suppose, along with the regen & no transmission. It is a car I truly enjoy just driving along the road. Maybe I'll stop smiling after a year or two.

BTW, just got my jump seats installed at Watertown and the kids love them. Hopefully not just a novelty factor.

Greetings

Hi Robert!

I always read your posts. Nice work! I'm an avid reader of the forums and signed up 4 weeks ago in Brookline with reservation no. 7459. Looking forward to the test drive next. I was just fiddling with the new Web Design Studio and it's looking like the Grey Napa Leather with Piano Black accents interior and Black exterior with 19-inch wheels. Still on the fence about the Pano roof.

Hopefully we can all meet up sometime this summer, perhaps immediately after some of the early reservation holders receive their cars.

I live in South Dartmouth, MA. I'm a Field Application Engineer for an Annapolis, MD company. When I'm not traveling, I'm working from home.
Excited to be a member of the Tesla Motors Club of New England!

Paul L

Hi Paul
I live in S. Dartmouth during the summer. Hoping to receive my Model S in May/June.
I just stumbled on this website - glad it's in existence as I've tried to start a Boston club via the Tesla website forums.
Hope to chat with you someday - or perhaps meet at Salvador's!

Just passed 1000 miles, two weeks after pickup. Parked/charged at Logan Mon-Wed (still waiting for NStar to install the meter at home), next to a Volt and a white S - my fourth in the wild. When I landed yesterday afternoon, turned on my iphone and started heat via the app - toasty warm when I got to the car.

I love how smoothly and silently it drives. After 10 days of only the S, I had to drive a rental Nissan Versa nearly 300 miles during my trip. A real let down. Tonight I drove the A4, just to give it a bit of a workout. Handles well but definitely noticed the vibration and noise, and was surprised every time I took my foot off the gas and it didn't immediately slow down. Didn't notice that in the Versa, because I was always pushing it pretty hard I guess.

Drove a colleague to the airport today. He had never heard of a Tesla and was pretty blown away.

Just took delivery in NH yesterday. Haven't seen any on the road up here yet but I hope to soon. Looking forward to meeting up with fellow owners at upcoming "events". This car is simply awesome and the team in Watertown is second to none!

New Hampshire going electric. Excellente. Peter K go easy on the Nissan Versa - it's a gas car and we feel bad for them.

Have the afternoon off and I am heading out for a ride and just for the sake of driving in about 35 minutes. Sunny day. Will pick a soundtrack, turn it up to...eleven, crank up the heat and open the sunroof and remind the world that there is, indeed, another option. Anybody in the Concord/Lincoln/Sudbury/Carlisle area wants to make it a convoy, or anyone just head this direction and PM me your cell and I'll check TMC at about 230pm. No reason needed. It's like taking the dog for a walk, the car just needs to drive on a day like this.