Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings, fellow New Englanders. I live in Mid-Coast Maine, about a half hour north of Portland.

I feel like "the kid" but I'm probably older than most of you. I'm a Model 3 depositee, which means I'll be "older than dirt" by the time I become an actual Tesla owner. This may well be my last car, and I figured I'd get something special, and I have come to realize that I have. The more I learn about TMC, the cars, the people behind them, as well as some of the owners, I can see this is a pretty special mix.

I look forward to learning as much as I can over the next couple of years, as I await my new Model 3. I hope you guys won't mind my asking questions.

Warm regards,

Michael in Brunswick, Maine

My 90D is all of 3 weeks old now, and I still have that big *sugar*-eating grin on my face when I have an excuse (any excuse works) to drive. (well, have over 2,500 miles on it, so guess I am good @ finding excuses...)

I live in Bloomfield CT and since the West Farms Mall Supercharger has so many good restaurants nearby, wondering if any other local owners wanna get together, perhaps for happy hour after work, or weekend or ?????

Bruce

My 90D is all of 3 weeks old now, and I still have that big *sugar*-eating grin on my face when I have an excuse (any excuse works) to drive. (well, have over 2,500 miles on it, so guess I am good @ finding excuses...)

I live in Bloomfield CT and since the West Farms Mall Supercharger has so many good restaurants nearby, wondering if any other local owners wanna get together, perhaps for happy hour after work, or weekend or ?????

Bruce
If you're concerned at all about that grin going away, I can tell you that with 39,000 miles and over 3 years on my 85...... it doesn't!! Stopped at the West Farms Mall on the way to Florida once. Superchargers all the way.

Greetings, fellow New Englanders. Please reply on this thread to say hello.

I'm Robert, and I live in Boston (really, not a suburb). I'm an energy economist and consultant to wholesale power market participants and governments, so EVs are something of a busman's holiday for me. Looking forward to my Model S this fall!
I'm Richard and met Jamie from New London who told me about this forum at an owner's event in Dedham this week. I'm in Ashland, MA.

I'm Richard and met Jamie from New London who told me about this forum at an owner's event in Dedham this week. I'm in Ashland, MA.
Ashland, home of the only Tesla authorized bodyshop in New England - Holis Auto Body (maybe there are more now).

Small world alert - 20 years ago I rented a condo behind the Shaw's in Ashland for a few years. Now I live in the next town over from Jamie. We are going to get together once our schedules line up in the next couple of weeks.

Hello all, I live in New Boston, NH, have since 2000. Grew up in Houston, hence the avatar.
My wife and I are retired air traffic controllers (two years now). We worked at Boston Center which is actually in Nashua.
We were on our last day of vacation in French Polynesia when the Model 3 was available for online orders. Worked out perfectly, it was supposed to be at 5:30 PM (we were hoping to be planted for sunset about then) but Elon hooked us up and moved it up an hour early to 4:30 PM.
Ordered one for my wife, as soon as we did it she said "OK now we need to get a S for you". I have been drooling over the S for years and I took her up on the offer.
We test drove in Natick in mid April and ordered a red 70D that day.
Currently in VIN purgatory but with a surprise free refresh and now speculation that I might be able to get a 75kWh battery for a bit more I am very excited.
Just couldn't justify the 90D. We don't drive long distances generally, a trip to Boston is a long trip for us. A $3000ish extra for a 75D would be a perfect fit.
We are going to do a trip to Baltimore this summer though. Looking forward to that experience and the route is littered with SCs.
We also want to hit the heartland to knock out our last remaining states not visited. Unfortunately looks like might be prudent to wait a year or two for Tesla to install a SC in ND.
Looks like the car will be here in late June or early July.
And I thought it was hard waiting for Xmas as a kid.

Last edited:
Welcome to the New England forum MSullivan! See you already have a few posts. If you were at Boston Center in the 80's or 90's we likely spoke back in the day when I was with Pilgrim and BizEx.
Last summer we had an interesting wildlife encounter in New Boston. My older son works part-time at Molly's Tavern. We went up there one evening to have dinner. Driving along Route 13, we surprised a black bear in the road with our MS. He didn't seem to notice our car until we were almost stopped, then he took off into a farm field. Guessing that he might have been fishing in the river that parallels the road.
It sounds like your 70D will be ready soon. It's a good thing that it will arrive with two key Fobs, since your wife will probably want to test it while waiting for her Model ≡!

Welcome to the New England forum MSullivan! See you already have a few posts. If you were at Boston Center in the 80's or 90's we likely spoke back in the day when I was with Pilgrim and BizEx.
Last summer we had an interesting wildlife encounter in New Boston. My older son works part-time at Molly's Tavern. We went up there one evening to have dinner. Driving along Route 13, we surprised a black bear in the road with our MS. He didn't seem to notice our car until we were almost stopped, then he took off into a farm field. Guessing that he might have been fishing in the river that parallels the road.
It sounds like your 70D will be ready soon. It's a good thing that it will arrive with two key Fobs, since your wife will probably want to test it while waiting for her Model ≡!

I spent the late 80s and 90s at Fort Worth Center.
I do remember seeing Pilgrims land at Groton when I was in the Navy during the mid 80s though.
I have seen a couple of bears on Rte 13 just like you said, where it is close to the river.

Hi all. I live near Worcester and am patiently waiting (not really) for my Model 3. Stood in line for over two hours at the Natick store to put down my deposit. I'm an amateur racer and want to start a Tesla Racing Club here in New England. I've identified at least one track that has a charger. If you're interested in driving your Tesla on the track, let me know. I plan to get mine on the track ASAP after delivery. I would love race against a Model S for fun. If anyone has a Roadster and wants to race that would be really fun!

Helios - congrats on your reservation! And welcome to the forums.

Out of curiosity, how do insurance companies feel about people putting their $80,000+ cars on a track? Are they uninsured for that duration? Do manufacturer warranties cover issues that arise from racing? I'm a bit naïve on all that, and I'll never race my car for fear of something happening to it, but I'm very curious.

Helios - congrats on your reservation! And welcome to the forums.

Out of curiosity, how do insurance companies feel about people putting their $80,000+ cars on a track? Are they uninsured for that duration? Do manufacturer warranties cover issues that arise from racing? I'm a bit naïve on all that, and I'll never race my car for fear of something happening to it, but I'm very curious.

You can purchase a special policy that covers those sorts of "activities". I've honestly not checked, but I'm assuming manufacturers warranties do NOT cover such activities. If you take the proper courses and learn how to drive on the track the right way the most damage your car should come away with is some lost rubber from the tires. Happy to give you more information if you're interested.

Sunday 6/12 I'm filling up the X with dogs and people for a tour of PlugShare sites on Mount Desert Island around Acadia National Park. It will be raining. In at Bay Ledge did see a checkin on 6/9 but most updates are over a year old. I hope to plug in long enough to document an actual amperage. Should be fun!

Sunday 6/12 I'm filling up the X with dogs and people for a tour of PlugShare sites on Mount Desert Island around Acadia National Park. It will be raining. In at Bay Ledge did see a checkin on 6/9 but most updates are over a year old. I hope to plug in long enough to document an actual amperage. Should be fun!

Report:

-Bar Harbor Welcome Center, Trenton. Not the new one a little further down the road. 110V 12A. Bring a book, maybe a sleeping bag if you must stop.
-Hadley’s Campground, staff was helpful but unaware. Book ahead as if you were a camper staying the night. I did not get down to Smuggler’s Den campground.
-Inn at Bay Ledge. Very nice place to stay. Destination Chargers are lure for guests, not really for drive by’s. No facilities. Very nice owners will help you out in a pinch but really, just get a room (cottage). Dedicated 90amp circuit for the Tesla wall charger and another breaker for the J1772 charger but only one parking spot.
-College of the Atlantic has one charger and cool solar panels with two parking spaces. One space is for their own EV which occupies the 240V30A J1772 charger at night. Other space might be in use by staff, too. Risky but free and well, solar!
-Hampton Inn has a 203V/40A wall socket on the pool house with a NEMA 14-30 and a long cable with an adapter to NEMA 14-50 was lying on the ground. Parking space is not marked but cable can reach a few spots when combined with the Tesla cable. No Tesla charger found although one is listed on PlugShare. Seems to be free to whomever.
-The Acadia Hotel charges $20 for non-guests to use a Tesla Destination Charger 220V/72A but they are right downtown and will reserve the spot if you call ahead. They have hot tubs!

Accommodations are closed in the winter. COA is available during the day.

• Informative
Reactions: MassModel3