Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies for bombing this thread but I expect there are many new/future NE owners who aren't aware of the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle in which we're raffling a $120K Model S or X plus $40K taxes paid, two early Model 3 reservations plus $10K and $5K cash (and taxes paid), respectively, and three smaller cash prizes.

We have just two weeks to go, and still 800 tickets left out of our maximum 2500. Please take a look and consider buying a ticket to potentially do well for yourself while doing good for the climate and environment in MA and beyond.

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

Model 3 in Tesla raffle

Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle

Thanks!
Peter

Wow! 35 pages! I'll have to work my way backwards.

Hi, I'm Chris. I'm a new Model S owner. I got a Blue 75D off the lot in Hingham. I originally wanted to custom order a Silver one. But, I loved it so much in the test drive and my wife really liked the blue. I'll be eating PB&J for a while. But, I love Tesla and being green. I had reserved a Model 3. I cancelled that order. Hopefully I'll be able to add enough solar panels to cover my new electric usage after I recover from the car purchase. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing my experiences.

Greetings everyone.

Had an account since 2014, waited to post until I became an owner. Currently live up up up in Maine, outside of the greater Bangor area.

Taking receipt of a 2014 Model S 60 in a few days time. I’ll be flying into Boston the morning of 10/7 and heading over to the Watertown service center to do a meet and greet with the vehicle and sign the rest of the paperwork in preparation of transport.

If anyone is around and available feel free to hit me up and we can meet. Can even come along for the introduction to the vehicle if you’re feeling nostalgic.

Looking forward to meeting up with other owners and enthusiasts in the New England area.

Reactions: chjch
@bemental, clearly you're a guy who could've been a Day One early adopter - love your spirit! Sorry I can't take you up on your generous offer to accompany you to the Watertown SC for delivery. I love that SC and their staff, they are totally enthusiastic and seemingly live to help! Good luck to you on the 7th!

@mrtx -- I see you're aware of the October 14th EV meetup at the Hebert Candy Mansion in Shrewsbury... all thanks to TMC's very own @jmanning for making all the arrangements. You're gonna meet a ton of other Tesla S and X owners, plus there's the family factor: grown up toys to examine in conjunction with chocolate and ice cream. Yum! Sorry I won't be able to join you; I drove up from Maryland for the original planned date last Saturday, but weather intervened. Two trips in two weeks is beyond me...

Alan

Congrats! Would love to know how the handover goes, getting supercharging enabled?

It’s pretty much fully loaded except for air suspension and the cold weather package, and those exceptions are fine by me.

Already been doing the math on what’s the minimum percentage SOC I’ll be able to get away with for day to day use and the random road trip down south.

Looks like somewhere between 60-70% is low enough to help prevent pack degradation but still enough to get me to the Augusta supercharger without having to top off in Brewer, but that’s always an option.

Thanks for the hello!

@bemental, clearly you're a guy who could've been a Day One early adopter - love your spirit! Sorry I can't take you up on your generous offer to accompany you to the Watertown SC for delivery. I love that SC and their staff, they are totally enthusiastic and seemingly live to help! Good luck to you on the 7th!

Alan

Quite alright Alan, I appreciate the praise and enthusiasm from you. Glad to hear Watertown is a professional shop, that’ll be pretty crucial for me since I’m over four hours away and they’re the closest service center.

but with the additional staff on board before Model 3 they are making more use of rangers in vans, you shouldn’t have to go down for fixes that do not require a lift. Hopefully you won’t need any form of unexpected service.

The sales guys weren’t very knowledgeable about this, at least not currently.

I offered up varying scenarios on meeting a Ranger half way, or if a Ranger was in Maine already for something else being able to meetup with them, but all they could tell me was “if it’s covered under warranty then you won’t pay the mileage”.

I was under the impression that the Rangers are now being sent out beyond a fifty mile radius to ease the burden on the service centers, in addition to being a convenience for the customer.

If they’re still charging per mile, what’s the point? As much as it sucks having to drive over four hours each way to a service center, I’m not going to pay the $450 or whatever the mileage works out, to have a Ranger drive up for simple service.

Greetings everyone.

Had an account since 2014, waited to post until I became an owner. Currently live up up up in Maine, outside of the greater Bangor area.

Taking receipt of a 2014 Model S 60 in a few days time. I’ll be flying into Boston the morning of 10/7 and heading over to the Watertown service center to do a meet and greet with the vehicle and sign the rest of the paperwork in preparation of transport.

If anyone is around and available feel free to hit me up and we can meet. Can even come along for the introduction to the vehicle if you’re feeling nostalgic.

Looking forward to meeting up with other owners and enthusiasts in the New England area.
When is the appointment?

When is the appointment?

Finished at 1130, sorry I didn’t see this sooner!

Delivery on Tuesday. Monday is a holiday, I’ll have to wait an extra 24 hours.

Attachments

• 327660C3-6C37-4313-A5AD-66E1A97E8DA4.jpeg
    327660C3-6C37-4313-A5AD-66E1A97E8DA4.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: chjch