Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up in Mass, California or NY and some other states can be problematic IRT payment of state tax (mandatory payment to that state at a higher rate than Maine).
Only MA and CA, not NY. NY does not require any payment of tax from non residents who pick up in NY. I know several NH residents who picked up at Mt Kisco and were not charged any NY taxes.

Hi all, and thanks to many of you for your participation in and support of Climate XChange's three Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffles over the past few years. We are just gearing up for our fourth, to launch in the the fall, featuring a grand prize of a fully spec'ed (winner's choices) Model S or X. These raffles support our mission of combating climate change through implementation of carbon pricing at the state level. Here's the main forum thread from last year's raffle - though we are a 501c3 nonprofit, the thread was given the "Vendor" tag because we sponsored ads/articles on TMC.

We are planning a photo/video shoot (including drone footage) of Tesla cars for use on the 2019 raffle page and in related promotions. This is to get the kind of shots we want, and to avoid running into copyright issues with photos available on the Internet. The shoot will take place somewhere in the greater Boston area with a good field/woods site where drones are permitted (location suggestions are very welcome!), late on a weekday or on a weekend in July or August. We're still working out details.

I can use my 2016 Titanium Model X and 2018 Blue Model 3, but would also like to include:
- a recent Model S with the updated front end
- possibly a recent X (my car's color was discontinued, and at 3+ years it is showing some wear and tear, particularly the wheels).

Any volunteers? It should be fun, and we'll give you photos and video of your car for personal use.

Please post location suggestions here, and PM me if you are interested in participating.

Thanks in advance!
Peter

• Love
Reactions: Pollux and Tdreamer
Hi all, and thanks to many of you for your participation in and support of Climate XChange's three Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffles over the past few years. We are just gearing up for our fourth, to launch in the the fall, featuring a grand prize of a fully spec'ed (winner's choices) Model S or X. These raffles support our mission of combating climate change through implementation of carbon pricing at the state level. Here's the main forum thread from last year's raffle - though we are a 501c3 nonprofit, the thread was given the "Vendor" tag because we sponsored ads/articles on TMC.

We are planning a photo/video shoot (including drone footage) of Tesla cars for use on the 2019 raffle page and in related promotions. This is to get the kind of shots we want, and to avoid running into copyright issues with photos available on the Internet. The shoot will take place somewhere in the greater Boston area with a good field/woods site where drones are permitted (location suggestions are very welcome!), late on a weekday or on a weekend in July or August. We're still working out details.

I can use my 2016 Titanium Model X and 2018 Blue Model 3, but would also like to include:
- a recent Model S with the updated front end
- possibly a recent X (my car's color was discontinued, and at 3+ years it is showing some wear and tear, particularly the wheels).

Any volunteers? It should be fun, and we'll give you photos and video of your car for personal use.

Please post location suggestions here, and PM me if you are interested in participating.

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Our likely location is Crow Island Airpark in Stow, MA (http://www.crowislandairpark.com/) and likely dates are August 7 or August 16, in the morning. Still working out details.

Reactions: jlv1
I never even knew this forum existed...I guess I should leave the M3 forums more often. :)

For those MA folks in the area, Kimballs Farm in Lancaster is having an Auto Innovation Show for ECO friendly cars on Thursday Aug 15. I plan on going.
Thanks for sharing. Here is the event page on Kimball Farms facebook page Auto Innovation Show

Hey all, Chris with a Blue P3D- in southern RI. Anyone around with lowering spring or coilovers on their M3? I'm looking to make this thing corner a little better, but reluctant to invest the time and money without at least feeling what I'm getting myself into first. Thanks!

They may be out of stock, or making changes. Unplugged Performance also has several options. Really, I think the key here is that searching reddit and tesla forums results in several reviews and a few vendors offering kits.
I meant where is Mountain Pass Motorsports, physically. I was wondering if we had another independent EV shop in New England. Their website doesn't mention a location anywhere that I could find. More googling made it look like they are in Toronto.