TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Englanders -- check in!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Robert.Boston, Mar 25, 2012.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Well this made my morning! And a good thing, too -- with Sandy pressing down on the area! :smile:

2. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Great and well-earned. Hope that Sig is in the Bat Cave - no, the Ben cave - this evening.

3. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Colleagues of the kWh, anyone have an extra invite for the event in NYC Monday? I would so very much like to go. let me know if you see a way for me to "be" invited. I can get myself there or drive you. Thanks - Jim

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

[moderator's note: some posts about the MA dealer litigation were moved HERE.]

5. geharmon

geharmon Member

Hello all. My name is George from Freetown, MA. I test drove the S (performance) a week ago Friday - 11/30 (Dania Beach, FL store) and placed my reservation this past Tuesday, #15,292. Mike Snow, the Dania Beach rep told me approximate "conservative" delivery time is nine months, somewhere around September. I would not have placed the order had I not test driven the vehicle first. The car handled beautifully and was on a par with my 2009 Mercedes 550SL. The S will be my wife's car - I'm keeping the SL (12 to 18 miles per gallon, please don't ban me from the site).

6. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll be swayed to the E-side...

7. Robert.Boston

@geharmon: Welcome! I confess I had to look up where Freetown is located (and here I'd thought I knew MA geography). Please drop a pin on the WikiMap (linked in my signature).

8. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

Anyone have news to share about Superchargers on the East coast? It's possible I'll have an S around Christmas (!!!), and would love to drive to Philly to visit my Dad for New Years. I've got a place on Long Island to L2 charge overnight, so getting to NY isn't a problem, and from NY to Philly should be easy. Getting back to NY is the issue. No chance of L1 or L2 charging at my Dad's place in Haverford...but that rumored Delaware SuperCharger might be not too far out of the way if it exists and is operational. If not, the trip can wait, but it's worth asking the question.

Thanks.

9. Robert.Boston

I asked my DS, and he isn't in the loop on SCs. I'm working up the chain of command -- like you, I'm planning a trip to Baltimore on the 18th, then over to VA on the 19th and 20th, and I would love to take the Model S. Only feasible, though, with the SC in CT and in DE. Looking pretty unlikely. @woof: you should sign up for a SEMAConnect charge card -- they have several charging stations in the Philly area.

10. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

Keep us informed...if you can :rolleyes:

Thanks for that...yet another charge system I didn't know about. Interesting that the limited number of charging stations in the Philly area are mostly pay, as contrasted with here in Mass. where most are free, and very few are pay (for now, anyway).

Seeing those chargers in King Of Prussa reminded me...wasn't there going to be a Tesla store there...or am I making that up?

11. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

12. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

George, welcome. Beware, the site is loaded with a bunch of zealots circling in perpetual adulation of a car made some 4,000 miles away.
    Yep. I confess. I am one. I see you put down a deposit b/c you loved the test drive.
    Yes...some have to feel nail holes in the hand before believing, but others put a deposit down over 3 1/2 years ago, on a car not yet made, by a company nearly in default, and first drove the car 3 years and 4 months later, when that deposit was already nonrefundable.

So that's the kind of mental delay you are dealing with on this site. Just saying.
    Welcome!

13. radiod77

radiod77 Member

Do you plan to actually stop and charge in Chelmsford now that you have your car? I work just down the road in Westford and would like to see a whole blue model. My wife and I took our test drive in NJ and the car there was grey. Even with a res # of 12,103 it looks like it may be here sooner than I thought. I'm right in the middle of getting my MVPA signed.

14. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Radiod 77 I will be passing thru Westford/Chemsfahd tomorrow (i mean today, thursday) twice so send me a pm when you can and we can connect then by cell phone. The blue looks amazing to me - will be interesting to see how it all goes in snow later today. Posted pics in the delivery and sequence thread as well.

15. Jpocev

Jpocev New Member

Hi, I'm John from Boston (Dorchester Neighborhood),

I received my invite to finalize, but I may have to bite the bullet and put it off for a month or so. I know about the price increase, but we were not able to get our garage built and we are a little uneasy letting it sit out in the driveway. Finally got the official OK from the Mrs. though.

John

16. Robert.Boston

Welcome, John! My Model S lives in my Charlestown parking area, no garage. It made getting a NEMA 14-50 plug to the car a little challenging, but that's the only concern I have.

17. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

If I'm not mistaken, Cinergi had a Roadster which was not garage kept.

Welcome to the club.

/Ed

18. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Yup, Roadster sat out all winter, completely unprotected, under mounds of snow (until I brushed it off the next morning to go to work!) ... while plugged in. No issues at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

19. Jpocev

Jpocev New Member

We are less concerned with the elements and more concerned with attracting unwanted attention.

20. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Ah, neighborhood? I was in a nice development in Marlborough at the time -- though that was a Roadster which screams "steal from my home" ... the Model S won't scream nearly as loud... especially if you leave it a little bit dirty so it doesn't look so new :tongue: