Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also very late checking in. Located in the greater Hartford area.

Sequence #14,288
Reserved on 11/20
Invitation to configure on 1/14
Finalized 2/6
Delivery button 2/27
Delivery Window: Mar 20 - Apr 3

Getting excited!

P85, white, Pano roof, tan interior, lacewood, Tech, premium sound, twin chargers

Finally picked up my P85 yesterday in Watertown. Just awesome!

Talk to the folks at the Natick showroom and see if you can borrow the roadster -> Model S adapter and hook into the chargers they have there at the mall (JC Penny multi-level parking lot). That'll get you to 70 amps.

Natick now has a Model S HPC running at 80 amps. No adapter needed. You'll get 16kW from it (as it runs around 200 volts).

I realized I haven't checked in on this thread yet!

I'm Dave, and while I used to live in Boston (1985-1994, on Gainsborough Street), we moved out to the suburbs so we'd have enough room to get a big dog. Which we did...and now he rides around in the back of a Model S (when he's not running around in the woods).

As a slightly amusing aside, last night I drove into Waltham to see a movie at the Embassy, and parked in the upper level of the lot behind. About 80 minutes into the 90 minute movie, I got three calls from a number I didn't recognize.

When the movie was over, I listened to the voice mail, and it was a Waltham police officer, letting me know that a concerned citizen had complained about a dog being locked in a car - my car - and said citizen was concerned that the dog was freezing to death.

Now, the dog is a Bernese Mountain Dog, and those dogs not only have a rather thick coat, they're mountain dogs, and love lying in snow more than just about anything. In fact, it's hard to convince him to come into the house in the winter.

Anyway, on top of that, it was 40F. It's pretty hard for a dog to "freeze" when it's 40F out - and it was 60F in the car.

Well, I met with the officer, who was nice about it, and fortunately didn't decide to break the windows to "rescue" the obvious-not-in-any-distress-whatsoever dog (who was asleep in the hatch on his dog bed)...and also decided not to bring me up on charges of "animal cruelty" (seriously?!? We're not talking summer-in-a-hot-car here...). And that ended with a lot of Tesla Time, since he'd never seen one before, and was very interested/amazed.

So, life in the suburbs. So it goes.

Nice to be here (I've met Jim in person at the Watertown service center), everyone!

I realized I haven't checked in on this thread yet!

I'm Dave, and while I used to live in Boston (1985-1994, on Gainsborough Street), we moved out to the suburbs so we'd have enough room to get a big dog. Which we did...and now he rides around in the back of a Model S (when he's not running around in the woods).

As a slightly amusing aside, last night I drove into Waltham to see a movie at the Embassy, and parked in the upper level of the lot behind. About 80 minutes into the 90 minute movie, I got three calls from a number I didn't recognize.

When the movie was over, I listened to the voice mail, and it was a Waltham police officer, letting me know that a concerned citizen had complained about a dog being locked in a car - my car - and said citizen was concerned that the dog was freezing to death.

Now, the dog is a Bernese Mountain Dog, and those dogs not only have a rather thick coat, they're mountain dogs, and love lying in snow more than just about anything. In fact, it's hard to convince him to come into the house in the winter.

Anyway, on top of that, it was 40F. It's pretty hard for a dog to "freeze" when it's 40F out - and it was 60F in the car.

Well, I met with the officer, who was nice about it, and fortunately didn't decide to break the windows to "rescue" the obvious-not-in-any-distress-whatsoever dog (who was asleep in the hatch on his dog bed)...and also decided not to bring me up on charges of "animal cruelty" (seriously?!? We're not talking summer-in-a-hot-car here...). And that ended with a lot of Tesla Time, since he'd never seen one before, and was very interested/amazed.

So, life in the suburbs. So it goes.

Nice to be here (I've met Jim in person at the Watertown service center), everyone!

That theatre sucks :D

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I am over in Newton - seriously considering purchasing the Model S :)

Greetings. I hit my one month anniversary and want to provide some positive feedback. 2,150 miles without a hiccup. The Milford supercharger has been great. I've used it for two business trips to CT and one family trip to Philly and back. Range anxiety is now gone and I've upped my avg speed to 70-75 and averaging below 350whr/mile w a p85 and 21" wheels. I make sure to call tesla before heading out to make sure the supercharger is working and have two/three backup charging alternatives.