Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southern Mainer (Wells) been lurking on here a while and pulled the trigger on a Model 3 LR Dual Motor yesterday while visiting the Natick showroom. Couldn't be more excited! The gentleman I spoke to in Natick yesterday was under the impression I'd be able to pick up in Dedham with no issues, but everything I'm reading on here seems to contradict that. Hoping there are some other Mainers on here who might have some insight. Should I expect Telsa folks to figure this out on their own or should I inject myself into the process and let them know that I'll need a home delivery scheduled? Thanks in advance!

Here's one of my pics of my journey from CT into NYC during a bit of sloppy weather last week, Feb 20 2019. I'm certainly appreciating the 4 wheel drive, and the window defroster! I stopped at this Westchester rest stop to clear the headlights.
IMG_9870-White-Plains-Mobile-NY-2019-02-20--TinkerTry.JPG

Hi, owner of Black M3 LR AWD since 11/18 from the Boston Area.

Welcome to the group! How was your winter with the Model 3?

Chris in Southern NH. Just got my Blue Model 3 SR+ on the road today (delivered to my house 28 March). Now to just turn in the I3. If you see the plate POPSEV that's me.

A Dirty Dery check-in! Welcome to the group. I'm up just past Manchester.

• Funny
Reactions: digitalDCH
Didn't realize we had a New England check-in thread, so this is a late check-in. LR RWD Model 3 delivered Oct 2018. Live outside the greater Bangor metro region, frequently travel to Mass, Connecticut and Atlantic Canada to visit family. I've spotted silver, black and red Model 3s in the area and one Model S, and have spoken with one other Model 3 owner who lives nearby, but there still aren't very many of us up here.

Didn't realize we had a New England check-in thread, so this is a late check-in. LR RWD Model 3 delivered Oct 2018. Live outside the greater Bangor metro region, frequently travel to Mass, Connecticut and Atlantic Canada to visit family. I've spotted silver, black and red Model 3s in the area and one Model S, and have spoken with one other Model 3 owner who lives nearby, but there still aren't very many of us up here.

There’s a pretty good chance then that when you see a Tesla in the Bangor area that it might be Stephen King in the drivers seat.

Reactions: Aieukl378
I've spotted silver, black and red Model 3s in the area
You haven’t seen my blue one yet? Usually in Belfast during the day. Took it up Mt Washington and the back roads between here and there were so much fun.
Just drove to Boston and back and saw two Teslas driving Maine highways which is two more than usual but a lot more at the superchargers than the typical zero to one.

Reactions: ArcticStation
There’s a pretty good chance then that when you see a Tesla in the Bangor area that it might be Stephen King in the drivers seat.
I've kept my eye out for Stephen's S. They winter in Florida, so perhaps I'll run across him this summer. A few months ago I thought he was parked at our local "Y", but that S belongs to an IT professional working at a local law firm. Last winter I was in my eight year old beater when I spotted a black 3, so I waved enthusiastically and got the same look I probably give when someone admires my 3 and gives a friendly wave. The car is still a novelty up here, so people often seem surprised when they recognize it.