Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Anyone been able to take delivery in Maine. They saying I have to pick up in Paramus, NJ?
Delivery to Maine seems to be less available than it was. Originally cars delivered from MA used their NJ store to process the paperwork but that was halted by some government intervention. Then cars were shipped from NY with NY paperwork and owner‘s responsibility began when the car boarded the truck. Now it seems like NJ is the vehicle source and transport is too expensive for routine use by Tesla. A Tesla footprint in NH could make all this hassle go away. Interestingly, I was offered delivery for the refreshed X (still no VIN so who knows now) but if I were to pick up in NJ then I would be eligible for Tesla financing.

Delivery to Maine seems to be less available than it was. Originally cars delivered from MA used their NJ store to process the paperwork but that was halted by some government intervention. Then cars were shipped from NY with NY paperwork and owner‘s responsibility began when the car boarded the truck. Now it seems like NJ is the vehicle source and transport is too expensive for routine use by Tesla. A Tesla footprint in NH could make all this hassle go away. Interestingly, I was offered delivery for the refreshed X (still no VIN so who knows now) but if I were to pick up in NJ then I would be eligible for Tesla financing.
Thanks that certainly is frustrating and not clear at the time of ordering. Hope they give some more details soon on new delivery centers around here. Am considering cancelling until then

NY and NJ are one of the few states that can issue transport plates to Maine residents.

You basically have two options when purchasing a Tesla as a Maine resident, either have Tesla pay for a one way rental car and drive to NY or NJ and pick your Tesla up, or pay $750. to have them ship your car to you.

Side note: You will wait at least 30 days (if not longer) for them to Fedex you your title.

Welcome Deepak, and congratulations! If you are a Facebook user, there is a Tesla Owners Northeast group which is another place to go to connect with local/regional members. I know event coordinators are sensitive to the fact that not everyone is or wants to be on Facebook so they try to find means to communicate using other methods as well.

Reactions: deepakti
Just dropping in to say "hey!" Just ordered blue MYLR on 7/27. Live on the Northshore in MA. When I ordered it was in the first "November" ETAs. Just got my first update to timeline after the ETA disappeared from my account. It's now sitting at "September 07 - September 27" :D but... I know it'll fluctuate many times so I'm not getting my hopes up to much... yet! Hoping to join local meetups, etc. and I'll see you at SCs around New England.

Hello! Sometime this fall I will become a Tesla owner. Ad my Audi lease was approaching its end, I knew I couldn't justify owning another ICE car. Even though I don't have a charger in my condo parking lot, I live a block away from a ChargePoint Level 2 station, and a 10 minute drive from the Lexington Supercharger that is coming on line. I look forward to driving around Massachusetts in a new MY LR.

Model Y LR, White, Black & White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.
  • July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.

Hello! Sometime this fall I will become a Tesla owner. Ad my Audi lease was approaching its end, I knew I couldn't justify owning another ICE car. Even though I don't have a charger in my condo parking lot, I live a block away from a ChargePoint Level 2 station, and a 10 minute drive from the Lexington Supercharger that is coming on line. I look forward to driving around Massachusetts in a new MY LR.

Model Y LR, White, Black & White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.
  • July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.
Congratulations, and welcome to the Tesla waiting game.

What you describe with your dates moving around not unusual these days with Tesla orders. I have a car on order myself and it went from July delivery (no year though so....), to blank two days ago. I think this indicative of how Tesla fulfills orders based on demand for specific configurations, supply chain flow and production. When order a Tesla, your configuration is matched with current or planned production inventory which determines delivery windows. Tesla doesn't build the car specifically to match a customer order.

Good luck, and try not to stress about the wait, or the the inevitable delivery target changes that will likely still occur.

Hi Robert, a team of us are creating an Official Tesla Owners Club - Tesla Owners Club of Eastern New England - TOCENE. We are currently on probation with Tesla and expect approval by 10/1/21. We are creating an email list to update everyone. If anyone is interested, please send me an email at iphonedjc at me.com. We have meetups, convoys and other events already scheduled.

Hi all...ordered my Model 3 SR + and am waiting impatiently...I'm south of Boston if anyone has any suggestions of shops for audio/tinting/PPF. thanks

Reactions: cfbackrow