Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont throw numbers like that online sadly. Im a digital marketer, and its one of our industries "do not do's". Ill state that they were less than anyone I inquired with, and the workmanship is amazing.
I don't get this. Why wouldn't anyone want to advertise their prices openly, unless they rely on sweet talking to their customers to see how much they can squeeze out of them. That's why I hate salesmen. I understand that sometimes prices depend on a lot of factors, but they can always give a general baseline.

Reactions: chjch
I don't get this. Why wouldn't anyone want to advertise their prices openly, unless they rely on sweet talking to their customers to see how much they can squeeze out of them. That's why I hate salesmen. I understand that sometimes prices depend on a lot of factors, but they can always give a general baseline.
With inflation, I can see the prices quickly getting out of date....

Reactions: JaeTheDev

Because if you advertise a set figure online, youve just backed yourself into a corner which makes you either obligate that number when asked about it, or possibly lose business, and a crappy review left by an unhappy party.

With inflation, I can see the prices quickly getting out of date....

Thats a major reason why. Prices are out of control these days, and inflation is making things really tight for businesses.

Because if you advertise a set figure online, youve just backed yourself into a corner which makes you either obligate that number when asked about it, or possibly lose business, and a crappy review left by an unhappy party.
Most other businesses manage to have a fixed price for a fixed product. It's only these auto mod type ones that can't someone manage to do that. Even car washes, car detailing ones somehow manage to figure it out.

Thats a major reason why. Prices are out of control these days, and inflation is making things really tight for businesses.
If only there were an easy way to update a static file on a web server...

Reactions: chjch
Most other businesses manage to have a fixed price for a fixed product. It's only these auto mod type ones that can't someone manage to do that. Even car washes, car detailing ones somehow manage to figure it out.

If only there were an easy way to update a static file on a web server...

Car washes and auto detailing cant be compared to entire vehicle wrapping from XPEL, a company that only allows a few to use their product professionally, that has no set price for its install, being anywhere from 5k-10k+ depending on the vehicles size and curvature, which makes some application tougher than others.

As for "If only there were an easy way to update a static file on a web server...", theres an entirely other device one can use to get the best price, directly from the businesses mouth. Its called a "telephone". Tossing numbers around a forum is just that, tossing numbers around a forum. Especially seeing the product in question is one that has zero static pricing, and is always dynamic from one installer to another with many variables that come into play.

Call the place. Its what I did.

The place I'm going with clearly listed their different packages with pictures and listed prices. I reached out and he confirmed those prices for a model 3, his transparency and that he is a certified Xpel installer is the reason i'm going with him.

Im not saying the installer I used doesnt do the same. All I stated is IM NOT stating their fees, on a forum, or even better, the fee I paid.

If one wants to Google them, look at their site, call them, even use osmosis to telepathically engage, perfect!

Personally, I called and looked at sites when finding my installer. I didnt use the "New England" forum of TMC to find prices. LOL

Im not saying the installer I used doesnt do the same. All I stated is IM NOT stating their fees, on a forum, or even better, the fee I paid.

If one wants to Google them, look at their site, call them, even use osmosis to telepathically engage, perfect!

Personally, I called and looked at sites when finding my installer. I didnt use the "New England" forum of TMC to find prices. LOL
I wasn't saying that YOU should've stated their fees on this forum either.

If a place cannot be bothered to be transparent about their prices, there are many other places that I can take my business to.

The place I'm going with clearly listed their different packages with pictures and listed prices. I reached out and he confirmed those prices for a model 3, his transparency and that he is a certified Xpel installer is the reason i'm going with him.
Do you mind sharing the name of the place?

I wasn't saying that YOU should've stated their fees on this forum either.

If a place cannot be bothered to be transparent about their prices, there are many other places that I can take my business to.

Do you mind sharing the name of the place?
Window Tinting - Paint Protection - Vinyl Wrapping - Large Format Printing Derek is the owner , he is very patient with my delays due to tesla not delivering my car but do your own diligence when comparing him to others. Good luck

Tesla Owners Club of New England assemleded at the new Hanover MA supercharger off Rte 3 to Cape Cod. Thanks to Chick-fil-A for the chicken, chocolate cookies and brownies and most of all the tent! All attendees got official club window clings. To be added to our club email your name to [email protected]

20CB4949-7B51-404B-B5E6-D88F77AB34FA.jpeg
ACC95D8D-CCEB-43C9-88D6-EB5B17B5D8E7.jpeg
20CB4949-7B51-404B-B5E6-D88F77AB34FA.jpeg
D78B5133-21E9-42D1-AAFB-FF1309B3748F.jpeg

Tesla Owners Club of New England assemleded at the new Hanover MA supercharger off Rte 3 to Cape Cod. Thanks to Chick-fil-A for the chicken, chocolate cookies and brownies and most of all the tent! All attendees got official club window clings. To be added to our club email your name to [email protected]

View attachment 832200View attachment 832199View attachment 832200View attachment 832201

Looks like a good turn out! Once there is a meet in the RI or extreme southern NE area, Ill be there! Eh, maybe make a little vacation out of one up north! Why not? HA!

Reactions: CompanyNameFSD
Thanks very much, Alan - and thank you for pioneering the Climate XChange Raffle way back when Teslas were a relative rarity on the roads! It has been an invaluable funding mechanism for CXC's work over the past seven years.

As you mentioned, we made a big change this year by adding new non-Tesla Grand Prize choice options - the Rivian R1S SUV and R1T Truck. I'm starting to see more and more on the roads, particularly the pickup which was released earlier. It reminds me of the early Tesla days. It's great to see more EV options on the road, from both traditional automakers and new startups following Tesla's example in different ways. In researching Rivian, I got so excited about the R1S SUV as a replacement for my nearly 7 year old Model X that I made my own reservation!

One minor correction to Alan's post: all tickets have been sold electronically for several years now, so there's no need to stop by our office in Boston. And since the pandemic, you may not find anyone there if you do - we downsized the office to save on overhead, and most staff work either virtually or hybrid virtual/office.

Thanks all for your support - we are way behind this year due to circumstances beyond our control, and still need to sell a lot of tickets to keep Climate XChange going, supporting all of the work we do here, in Maryland, and with states across the country through our State Climate Policy Network and State Climate Policy Dashboard.

Peter
Climate XChange Board Member and Raffle Director

Reactions: jlv1