Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New enhanced SR+ trim launched in China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
525 km range. Not sure what testing standard it uses but model 3 SR+ only has 468 km range under the same standard. Full premium interior.

Much better than the SR+ Y we had here in February. The price is only $42,600 no additional sales taxes.

I am so jealous.😫😫😫

Screenshot_20210707-221021_Chrome.jpg

I don't think this is an "enhanced" version. It has to do with how China's NEDC calculates their range. I always reference this to calculate the approx. EPA range: Here's How To Calculate Conflicting EV Range Test Cycles: EPA, WLTP, NEDC

"So, U.S. BEV/PHEV drivers can convert NEDC range estimate to approximate EPA range estimates by dividing the NEDC value by 1.43 with an 11% error."

Accordingly, 525km / 1.43 = 367km or 228mi. If you add 11% to account for error as referenced above, you get ~253mi which compared to EPA 244mi range is not far off.

I think they use the same ~50kWh pack and the range differences in how range is calculated.

I don't think this is an "enhanced" version. It has to do with how China's NEDC calculates their range. I always reference this to calculate the approx. EPA range: Here's How To Calculate Conflicting EV Range Test Cycles: EPA, WLTP, NEDC

Accordingly, 525km / 1.43 = 367km or 228mi. If you add 11% to account for error as referenced above, you get ~253mi which compared to EPA 244mi range is not far off.

I think they use the same ~50kWh pack and the range differences in how range is calculated.
I heard it's LFP battery pack around 60kwh and it's definitely not a NEDC range.

I heard it's LFP battery pack around 60kwh and it's definitely not a NEDC range.
It's been reported that the China version used NEDC test cycle for it's range estimate (Tesla Just Released a Cheaper Model Y in China) so that's what I used.

I think you're most likely right about the MiC version using the LFP pack like they do with M3 SR+ but I think the range should be pretty close to the NCA pack used in Fremont MYSR (Tesla's China-made Model 3 battery charges slower and has shorter lifespan, say reports)

Your Y has less range than a SR+ Model 3, right? This Y version they are selling in China has 60km (40 miles) more range than the model 3 SR+ under the same range rating cycle.

I'm going off PNWLeccy's estimates of 253 vs 244, in which case a $3k difference is a pretty good deal in my book!

I agree with you but price discrimination is actually a widely used economic term.
USA is doing pretty well in general - something that costs $100 here, will probably cost EUR 100 in the Eurozone (so $120) and possibly GBP 100 in the UK ($140). Sales tax over there is easily 20%. As it comes to vehicles, sales and registration taxes are higher just about anywhere around the world.

What used to happen (and may still happen, haven't lived there for a long time) in Europe is that car manufacturers would lower their pre-tax price for the same vehicle in countries with very high car taxes such as the Netherlands and Finland.