Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New EPA sticker are announced for feedabck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also like they left in the miles per one hundred gallons. That will probably get some press in the "how to buy an energy efficient car" articles of the future and maybe become the new shopping standard.

Last edited:
I agree. The gallons/100 miles should be the new standard. It's still in small print though and not numbers auto manufactures advertise. The EPA should simply stop advertising the mpg ratings in a few years and push the adoption of the gallons/100 miles standard.

It's a first step. I'm betting it will get bigger over time. When they want something and know it's right but get pushback from vested interests, the best thing is to do it gradually. Many of the US's best programs started very minimally.

Here is the equivalent for Hong Kong:

Tesla-Roadster-25-window-sticker-big.png

Feel free to print and stick in your back window (I did).

I used HK$1.02/kWh electricity (the high rate domestic tariff for CLP) and HK$16.45/liter petrol (Shell's published regular petrol tariff).

We do about 2.5x better on savings, as petrol prices here are dramatically higher than USA. Exchange rate is US$1 to HK$7.8. Now, all I need to do is drive my Roadster 75,000 miles a year (200 miles a day) and I'll pay it off completely in 5 years :biggrin: