Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Equalizer In Version 8.0.2.50.114 - Please Share Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto. I've been playing with LOTS of different settings, and I haven't landed on anything that I love across the board for multiple types of music

Any input from others would be great

Not sure any equalizer works across the board. For example, new(ish) music has a lot more bass than older music. Depending on how much variety is in your music collection, you may have to adjust the eq quite a bit.

Ditto. I've been playing with LOTS of different settings, and I haven't landed on anything that I love across the board for multiple types of music

Any input from others would be great
They need to have presets for the EQ. No single EQ setting is going to sound best for all applications. This is not only true about different types of music, but also true for whether you have the top open of not (and/or windows). When some of the first electronic EQs were introduced for home theaters, you could save 3 different custom settings. Now with touchscreens and software, they could very easily allow an unlimited number of custom presents that you could even name yourself. Wish list -- check!

Reactions: StoXto3toY
OK, I'm a new owner but pretty sensitive to audio. one of the disappointments in our 2012 Model S is that the premium audio did not live up to my expectations and did not sound as good as the logic 7 in my 08 335i. In my 335i, i used sound settings found online that an audio engineer arrived at doing system tuning and it made a huge difference. In th emodel S, i have not been able to find settings I like and that sound good across multiple songs and types of music.

This week I had a new P100D service loaner and the stereo sounded so much better to me. I chalked it up to being a newer model, but afte being on an extended drive I pulled up the audio settings and found....all were maxed out. That is usually not a good recipe for me, but I tried it on our 12 model when i got it back and it also sounded much better to me.

Long story short...try all settings maxed and see what you think. Easy enough to revert back if you don't like it.

IMG_7613.JPG
Here ya go.

This week I had a new P100D service loaner and the stereo sounded so much better to me. I chalked it up to being a newer model, but afte being on an extended drive I pulled up the audio settings and found....all were maxed out. That is usually not a good recipe for me, but I tried it on our 12 model when i got it back and it also sounded much better to me.
I've had it set that way for a couple of weeks now. I'm not convinced it's better, but it is certainly louder at any given setting. For me, the problem with the audio has always been the poor recording quality on some tracks/albums. Some audio systems have circuitry to deal with that, others are garbage in, garbage out. The Tesla system is one of the GIGO systems, so if you feed it poor recordings it will respond with poor playback. (Note, I only use the USB drive).

I've had it set that way for a couple of weeks now. I'm not convinced it's better, but it is certainly louder at any given setting. For me, the problem with the audio has always been the poor recording quality on some tracks/albums. Some audio systems have circuitry to deal with that, others are garbage in, garbage out. The Tesla system is one of the GIGO systems, so if you feed it poor recordings it will respond with poor playback. (Note, I only use the USB drive).
I certainly agree with that, it is worth a few bucks investment to get a good ripping/encoding software that lets you tweak the file quality. The unusual EQ settings I posted above were fine tuned listening to various FLAC files. Turns out, they also work pretty well for the other sources too. My only wish is since I'm scooping so many frequencies, I could use a few more watts of clean headroom from the amp.

I use the USB about 90% of the time and the other is XMSirius or Spotify on my iPhone. Both of those sources are so compressed it hardly matters what kind of audio system they are going through. I'll be dropping XMSirius after my trial 6-month promotional subscription expires.

Last edited:
My Dolby keeps turning itself off. I thought this bug was fixed?

I personally have not been having this issue on 2.52.22, but then I tend to listen to USB as best as I can 99.9% of the time, and go to FM onky during scans. There has been at least one account where the owner figured out an exact sequence that is causing the problem for him, otherwise he too isn't seen an issue.

I personally have not been having this issue on 2.52.22, but then I tend to listen to USB as best as I can 99.9% of the time, and go to FM onky during scans. There has been at least one account where the owner figured out an exact sequence that is causing the problem for him, otherwise he too isn't seen an issue.
Referenced owner here. The issue I am seeing consistently: if I have Dolby Surround on and switch from USB to Radio, then leave the car overnight and switch back from Radio to USB on my return, Dolby Surround is turned off.

• Informative
Reactions: BertL