Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Equalizer In Version 8.0.2.50.114 - Please Share Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like you say, there are no source of data or evidence that wifi improves odds.

From just personal experience...

I've never had wifi on, and get the updates on par when stuff is rolling out to others posting on this forum.

When you're on Tesla's schedule, you'll get it. Probably right then Tesla tests for car being connected on wifi, and if so comes down that way, otherwise comes down 3G/LTE. That's the opportunistic test right then and there.

it would have been nice if the changes were noted in the update release notes.
it seems that the settings are not stable, I put in my settings the next time I used the car the settings all moved to 8
I responded in another thread that this was in the release notes this time which was a pleasant surprise.
IMG_1799.JPG

It seems that whatever I set the equalizer to, when I get back in the car everything resets to +3. Anyone else notice this?
Me too. Took the car to SC and they told to make more room for saving the EQ settings info by purging the old NAV data and resetting the saved battery information. I did all that - and it still won't save the EQ settings. Anyone have a fix for this issue?

Me too. Took the car to SC and they told to make more room for saving the EQ settings info by purging the old NAV data and resetting the saved battery information. I did all that - and it still won't save the EQ settings. Anyone have a fix for this issue?
One thing everyone that has this problem should do is send an email to Tesla [email protected] explaining the issue in an easy to understand way.

I finally bit the bullet and got an aftermarket sound system upgrade. (Custom build by sound innovations in union city). Realized how mediocre the UHFS was after. No amount of playing with EQ will make up for the overall component quality on the whole (added a new amp, sound processor, 2 way components and a 12" sub) (Basically a stereo setup). Also nice to have the aftermarket system custom tuned. (There's a lot more than they do beyond just EQ and they have the instruments to actually EQ at the drivers position.

I have some semblance of a sound stage in my Model S now!

Would highly recommend if you have the $$ to spend and you feel you are missing out.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I'm
Weird. Mine ended up at all +4. Such poor quality/testing... I wonder though, how it arrives at the random reset-number. Does it average them all out?
I'm +3 on all sliders. No, I think this is by design. Elon evaluates you recent music history and decides what your setting must be. It's just a subtle part of his world domination strategy ;).