TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New estimated delivery on Tesla page

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Stacks, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Stacks

Stacks Member

Anyone else seeing their time change?

I went from Oct - Dec 18 to just “Estimated delivery by Oct.'18”

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  2. Amp3d

Amp3d Member

Mine changed this evening as well. Edit button also disappeared.

3. rounderjd

rounderjd Member

Mine too. Went from Oct-Dec to Sep-Nov, which is where it had been until I added FSD a week ago. Edit button still there.

4. Spideyjedi

Spideyjedi Member

Mines changed to "Estimated delivery by Oct. '18" originally Oct to Dec after I changed it to P3D-

• Like x 1
  5. EnrgyNDpndnce

EnrgyNDpndnce Member

No change for me yet. Still says Sept - Nov, still shows that infernal edit button, no VIN. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since I placed my order, but I’m not counting or anything. ;-)

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  6. Stacks

Stacks Member

Same here. I used to be Sep-Nov then changed to Oct-Dec after upgrading to P3D-

7. evpulse

evpulse Member

Nice! Mine went from Oct-Dec to Oct for a P3D+ (Never changed order)

Edit still there.

8. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Mine has changed too!

“Oct to Dec” is now just “Oct” — I changed nothing and my order is less than two weeks old. EDIT option still there.

Performance, Red w/White, no PUP

9. TurnFast

TurnFast Member

Huh after the side by side video you made I figured you had went awd. You did leave it pretty vague. Knowing myself I'll probably keep debating the decision up until the free super charging cutoff.

10. TurnFast

TurnFast Member

Oh and no change for me, still says Sept - Nov

11. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

No change for me

12. StellarRat

StellarRat Member

So my girlfriend and I were on the reservation list from day one. I finally ordered the LR about 6 weeks after they said I could order because I was originally waiting for the base model, but decided I didn't want to chance losing the tax credit. Mine was ready about 3 weeks after I put my down payment on. My girlfriend just ordered her LR a week ago and they said it was ready for delivery THREE days later! She hadn't even had time to arrange a loan yet! Anyway, she called Tesla and told them it would have to wait in until mid-Sept. when we're back from vacation and they had no problem with that. I guess my point is that either the LR is not as popular as it was a few months ago or their production is really humming now or both. I don't see how they could possibly have cleared their entire backlog by now.

• Like x 1
  13. Stacks

Stacks Member

I actually did leave it at AWD after that video. Then I test drove the performance...

14. rob968

rob968 Member

Have you also driven a 3D?

15. Canikony

Canikony Member

It's pretty much a fact that they have a stockpile of RWD models at the ready. It's the AWD and AWDP models that are slacking.

16. Data

Data Member

Day 1 reservation. Configured RWD 4/19. Changed to AWD on 6/26. Added white interior whatever day that became available. Added FSD during the Q2 earnings call when they were talking about the new chip (that bumped me up from Sep-Nov to Oct-Dec). Edit button gone exactly 1 week ago. As of tonight back to Sep-Nov.

Called earlier today and was told that I don’t have a VIN yet, but that it was highly unusual for me to still be quasi waiting for over 4 months and I should expect progress very soon.

• Informative x 1
  17. Stacks

Stacks Member

Nope. I did watch a video on a guy that has driven all 3, though. I decided that I really want that roller coaster feeling as much as possible as it was just so, so, so much fun.

18. Goatdan

Goatdan Member

Man, I still have my original estimate, my edit button is still there, and I STILL have the old version of the page.

I'd be really happy with the new version of the page even...

For those of you that have had changes, were you recent orders? I'll be excited about my delivery date potentially creeping up if so!

19. Stacks

Stacks Member

I was in the exact same boat as you...until tonight. I finally had movement with the delivery date change. I'm still on the old page and still have the edit button, though. I'm a Jun 27 order and Oct 26, 2016 reservation holder.

20. willa1975

willa1975 Member

Mine changed from August 18 to Sep-Nov