Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New estimated delivery on Tesla page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine says the same.

upload_2018-8-24_7-35-3.png

This could just be a new way to curb expectations. This way people who have Sept-Nov delivery won’t start calling Sept 2 when they don’t have a car yet. People seem very ansi about their cars and are expecting them at the very beginning of their window for some reason. It’s like they haven’t been following Tesla for the last several years. It changes nothing and only helps communicate worst case deliveries. As long as they give people enough time to prepare for delivery (sell old car, get loan in place, install charging) I think it’s best to just give the latest date.

I’m still Sept-Nov and wouldn’t be surprised if it just changed to “by Nov 18” because that’s all I have expected. As long as I get it before Dec 31 I’m fine. The longer it takes the more money i build for the car and the more time they have to improve quality / add features.

Reactions: JFW1103
This could just be a new way to curb expectations. This way people who have Sept-Nov delivery won’t start calling Sept 2 when they don’t have a car yet. People seem very ansi about their cars and are expecting them at the very beginning of their window for some reason. It’s like they haven’t been following Tesla for the last several years. It changes nothing and only helps communicate worst case deliveries. As long as they give people enough time to prepare for delivery (sell old car, get loan in place, install charging) I think it’s best to just give the latest date.

I’m still Sept-Nov and wouldn’t be surprised if it just changed to “by Nov 18” because that’s all I have expected. As long as I get it before Dec 31 I’m fine. The longer it takes the more money i build for the car and the more time they have to improve quality / add features.

I think you are right. The 3-month range probably gets them a call volume spike on the first day of the first month. This better manages expectations for them.