TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New EV incentives coming to Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Gymee, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Gymee

Gymee Member

Fighting climate change: Province will spend up to $8.3B, provide incentives

So it looks like we will have free overnight charging for 4 years starting next year. For those of us buying a tesla this year, does any one know if we will get reimbursed for the provincial amount of the HST? If not, announcing this now might lead to people holding off on their EV purchases until 2017 and some might actually buy an ICE vehicle in the interim knowing that waiting a year or two might save them up to $14000. I hope this will apply to all new EVs effective immediately.

2. Blackout

Blackout Member

Got a friend who got the volt today and his 12k was deducted right off the bat... GM removed it because they told us they get it back from the government as of now...
    If the model 3 was available now I'm sure it would be the same thing...

3. kzod

kzod Member

They probably leased the car. If you buy it you need to wait for the cheque.

4. Phillip L

Phillip L Member

That is obviously the rebate incentive that was taken off. What about the no PST? We are in the situation of keeping our old ice vehicle though we were about to buy a Chevy Volt for my wife. We were all ready when the cabinet leak mentioned that they were going to take off the PST, so we were indeed waiting to purchase because of that. Figured it would save about $2500.00. We had test driven the 2017 Volt and we were impressed enough to buy.

5. kzod

kzod Member

Guys, please keep in mind this is a party proposal. Part and parcel of their green action plan to keep all the ultra greenies excited about another generation of liberal domination. It is far from being official policy, so I wouldn't hold my breath.