Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Evannex cubby compartment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

That's the "Cubby Cap" not the "Cubby Compartment." The Compartment is a new product that is basically a drawer that fits in the opening.

The CleanTechnica (EV Annex Cubby Compartment Fills A Gap In The Model S) review is the only one I've seen.

What isn't clear to me from this review or the Evannex videos is if the compartment is deep enough to stay in place while the drawer is "half-way open" so you can reach in and take your sunglasses out and then slide it closed like a normal drawer. I'm worried that the depth is so short that you really need to pull the whole cubby out each time you want to get something out of it.

Reactions: MrJones390
The Evannex one sucks. I paid $150 and the fit is horrible. It falls out when you pull it open, and 3 of the 4 corners do not fit well when closed. Super thin plastic. it also rattles when hitting bumps. Saw that EV Everything is making one soon, quality looks so much better. they have some stops that stop it from falling out when you pull it open. I may try one of theirs as the drawer is a necessary item, or my glasses end up in the backseat when taking off too fast.

my new one from ebay, now this is a nice drawer. plus $50-75 less than EVannex!!!

Attachments

• low res.jpg
    low res.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 75